Galaxy Note 4 disconnecting from Verizon Mobile Hotspot
THEHIVEMIND
Enthusiast - Level 1

So in the last week or so, my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has been disconnecting from my Verizon Jetpack AC791L Mobile Hotspot after about 10-20 seconds of connection.  I have hard and soft reset my phone, power cycled my phone, factory reset my MiFi, made sure no Auto Switch to mobile data was checked, manually assigned an IP to connect, powered down and powered up both devices, forgot and reconnected to the hotspot, cleared cache, pulled the SIM card from both devices, and anything else I could think of or read aside from factory resetting my phone, which I DO NOT want to do.

MY phone connects just fine to my home wifi signal and stays connected, but for some reason, it refuses to stay connected to the mobile hotspot and is eating through my mobile data, which has caused me to rack up over $30 in overcharges. 

I am at a loss of what to do.  I have ordered a new Note 9, but it is not arriving until October 12th, so I need my phone to survive until then, but this issue is costing me money in overage charges, which I do not like.

What am I missing?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy Note 4 disconnecting from Verizon Mobile Hotspot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are very smart to connect to your works hotspot Thehivemind. I will be happy to see what I can do to help so the device can hold you off until you get your new phone. Please make sure you check these http://spr.ly/6586DLGNY settings. You can also remove the WiFi connection and try to connect again. http://spr.ly/6589DLGNW;

Please let me know what your results are after you have completed these steps. 

Amber_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why are you using the wifi from the hotspot to connect the Note 4 to the internet when the Note 4 can connect to the Verizon Wireless network by itself?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
THEHIVEMIND
Enthusiast - Level 1

Because the whole point of going through WiFi is to NOT use mobile data, which causes me to go over my data allowance each month, which causes me to pay more than my monthly bill in data overage charges.

It has not been an issue up until now.  I guess as long as I never use the phone away from my home network it is fine, but that is not what I am looking for.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are using your data allowance by connecting the Note 4 to the hotspot's Wi-Fi network.

If your plan has Safety Mode as an option, you should enable it to avoid overage charges. Also you can use the on board data counter to set up a data limit for the phone's usage.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
THEHIVEMIND
Enthusiast - Level 1

Actually, I am not using my data allowance.  The Hotspot is free through my work, which gives me unlimited data, so as long as I go through WiFi at home or through the hotspot, my mobile data is unaffected and I do not get overcharged.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are very smart to connect to your works hotspot Thehivemind. I will be happy to see what I can do to help so the device can hold you off until you get your new phone. Please make sure you check these http://spr.ly/6586DLGNY settings. You can also remove the WiFi connection and try to connect again. http://spr.ly/6589DLGNW;

Please let me know what your results are after you have completed these steps. 

Amber_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

THEHIVEMIND
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have a winner!  My Hotspot signal was coming up as a blocked network and was getting booted.  Thank you!

0 Likes