Re: Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 Update - VZW FAIL
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

Dankeschön 😜

0 Likes
Hotshoe
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good grief will you just go away. Verizon has failed period. The same exact thing happened with the Note 3. How long did it take to update that phone? Two people here are so far up Verizon's [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] it's unbelievable. So it's Samsung yet only Verizon has a problem updating the Note phones? Okay. Go get a life, nothing but lies.

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

It might be possible that Samsung's actually slacking off in this case (seeing as they ripped the Note 4 from Sprint's shelves), but blame still falls to Verizon for failing to expedite Samsung and for doing its best to tell us nothing about the progress of this important update. The people who keep defending Verizon blame us for using the same talking points, while using the same talking point themselves (blaming us for using the same talking points). (<-- what a sentence)

I just wish we could have some actual news on this. I don't believe that Samsung would ignore Verizon after the update was sent back.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Zacharee1 wrote:

It might be possible that Samsung's actually slacking off in this case (seeing as they ripped the Note 4 from Sprint's shelves), but blame still falls to Verizon for failing to expedite Samsung and for doing its best to tell us nothing about the progress of this important update. The people who keep defending Verizon blame us for using the same talking points, while using the same talking point themselves (blaming us for using the same talking points). (<-- what a sentence)

I just wish we could have some actual news on this. I don't believe that Samsung would ignore Verizon after the update was sent back.

Why should they? It's not Verizon's product, and they don't have to sell these phones and subsize them so you can purchase them.  Keep in mind Europe doesn't think like this and they get better support because CONSUMERS put the biggest pressure than any company could.  Imagine if they lost 30% of sales simply because of people are fed up of their slacking.  Look at Motorola, and HTC and what happened.  It all started with Europe no longer buying their products.  Something to ponder on. 

0 Likes
mrfred
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't understand the lack of statement from VZW either.  Some warm and fuzzy statement about putting a bow on 5.1.1 or jumping straight to 6.0 would be great.  The more pertinent aspect of the delay is the cause.  I have a hard time believing that the Samsung group responsible for VZW updates is incompetent, slacking, or overcommitted.  Doesn't make sense to let that happen for what is probably Samsung's largest phone customer.  And if there are several parallel software group's for each provider, then it only makes sense that they share code that is common to all provider variants.  This points to a VZW-specific issue affecting the timeline.  Is there a unique hardware flaw in the VZW GN4 that requires additional coding?  Is there something about VZW's software package?

And the notion that 6.0 could be coming soon is totally unbelievable.  Whatever issue is affecting the VZW GN4 5.1.1 timeline has to also be affecting 6.0.

Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Where did the information that the VZW version of 5.1.1. having too many issues come from?   Can a credible source be cited please? Link? 

I don't think this thread should skew one user posted statement into fact.

0 Likes
Re: Re: Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 Update - VZW FAIL
mrfred
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where did the information that the VZW version of 5.1.1. having too many issues come from?   Can a credible source be cited please? Link? 

I don't think this thread should skew one user posted statement into fact.

I don't think anything in this thread is credible except that there are issues with 5.0.1, and we don't have 5.1.1 (or 6.0).    Lots of possible reasons for the delay... some seem more likely than others.  One possible notion is that 5.1.1 is finally complete, but VZW is waiting until after the holidays to release it.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

mrfred wrote:

I don't understand the lack of statement from VZW either.  Some warm and fuzzy statement about putting a bow on 5.1.1 or jumping straight to 6.0 would be great.  The more pertinent aspect of the delay is the cause.  I have a hard time believing that the Samsung group responsible for VZW updates is incompetent, slacking, or overcommitted.  Doesn't make sense to let that happen for what is probably Samsung's largest phone customer.  And if there are several parallel software group's for each provider, then it only makes sense that they share code that is common to all provider variants.  This points to a VZW-specific issue affecting the timeline.  Is there a unique hardware flaw in the VZW GN4 that requires additional coding?  Is there something about VZW's software package?

And the notion that 6.0 could be coming soon is totally unbelievable.  Whatever issue is affecting the VZW GN4 5.1.1 timeline has to also be affecting 6.0.

Of course not, but if you look at all their devices worldwide you'll find at least 2-3 countries not including the US on all their devices don't have an update or another.  Some of these countries have no carrier involvement yet a lot of their devices still haven't gotten 5.0.

Software packages take hours to test not days to weeks.  If something is an issue it Samsung putting minimum resources in the states.  IF you really want to see how Samsung really works move to Korea, and live there for a while and buy nothing but Samsung.  Korean national pride hides the flaws Samsung has in their home country.  Yes I am Korean and yes I used to live there.

0 Likes