Re: Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 Update - VZW FAIL
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Ann, if I have to buy a phone to replace a phone still under edge, considering the lack of true support I have seen for so called flagship models... Then of i buy another phone I'm s switching to a carrier that proactively supports the products they sell their subscribers.  Not tell people to buy new phones to replace buggy phones and still have to make monthly payments on the one that doesn't work correctly.  Naaa, if I buy a Nexus, I'm going to Fi... I have my invite, I'm just waiting 3 more months to get my edge payoff under $300.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Buy Nexus and transfer VZW service to it. Sell Galaxy Note 4 on Swappa or another third party site. Use money received from sale to pay off DPP. Stay with Verizon Wireless or switch to Google Fi service or another carrier as long as it suits your needs.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

That's risky. I'm fairly certain you can't use the phone with another carrier/SIM until it's paid off. If you sell the phone, the person may try to use it before you can pay off the contract for it, which means the phone would have to be sold with a bad ESN note.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not if there is a different phone active on the line. The customer can use a different phone on the line and still be paying for the Note 4. Once it is sold they can pay the remaining balance.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Bigsteelguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm right there with you, It's extremely disappointing with the way this company treats it's paying customers.

0 Likes
Bigsteelguy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Many of us do not want to put down another $700 for a new phone, It is your Job to push out Android updates to Lollipop 5.1.1 in a timely manner that helps solve some of the issues of the original lollipop release. We are all paying customers and screwing over Note4 users, is like screwing over everyone else. Other carriers have already released Lollipop 5.1.1 and now we are in December of 2015 soon to be 2016 and yet your support team isn't getting the update pushed out.

I believe your company needs to be a bit more supportive to the people who send you their hard earned money and if we ask for an update, we should receive it, not 2 to 3 years later, but within 30 to 60 days of it's official release.

0 Likes
Chapman1969
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon has done nothing but let there customers down and I hope it bites

them in the [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service].

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Ann, when I asked VZW about doing that they pretty much said the phone could not be reactivated until the edge contract was paid off.

So there's the potential risk of the new owner not being able to activate it immediately.

Then there's the self guilty of selling a very buggy device to someone else.  I'm the kinda guy that fixes cars before selling them.  It's good Karma not to screw other people over and my reputation as a seller means something to me.

Finally, VZW has been telling me to buy another device until bugs are fixed since January 2015.  That is not standing behind products... They sold me this device, then told me to get another that worked, oh by the way you need to continue making payments on the lemon.  They refused to stand behind a product they sold me... Period...

After 15 years with Verizon, they are not strong enough in the tech department to keep us early adopters and bleeding edge geeks happy...  period... So Ann, why on earth would I spend upwards of $800 for another device and stay with a carrier that is really good at saying they want to help, but fail to support the devices they sold as the "Best of the Best"?   Nope, if I have to buy another handset, another carrier is getting my business.

Verizon... If you sell something, stand behind it.  Your not too big to fall.

Cellular One

Cingular

Ameritech

Prime Co

Etc

Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon got me with the Note 3 and basically ruined that phone and I traded it in for a Note 4 after months of arguing with them.  I now have a broken Note 4 sitting on a shelf waiting for a fix so I can sell it.  I like you won't dupe an unsuspecting person into buying a phone that has problems.  Wait! isn't that what Verizon did to us!  Anyway, I did go to a Nexus 6 and the Fi network and happy as a lark.  Since I am still on contract with Verizon with the 4 lines, I have I am paying for a phone I can't use.  As soon as all the contracts are up, I am moving everyone else away.

They got me the first time, but never again.  I have never seen a company treat their customers so bad and with no regard to to good business practices.  Verizion FAIL! 

It's also comical to see some of the Verizon fanboys try to excuse their behavior.  Oh well, they can keep this company. 

0 Likes
Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

You have got to be kidding!!!!  Buy a phone to replace the one they won't fix and still support them!  That really is funny!  I know you say you don't work for them, but why this undying loyalty to a company that will screw us and never bat an eye?

0 Likes