j238
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bought a moto E from best buy yesterday for $10 transferred to straight

talk and popped in my sim . I am good to go 5.1 smooth as butter cheaper

network have the "Verizon" version of sim but this phone is capable of

being run on att t Mobile with a minor work around as the phones are

unlocked. I am very happy with this.

Would recommend this.

I never imagined a cheapo phone would beat the hell out of note 4.

It's smooth like butter..

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 Update - VZW FAIL
Rcurtis805
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just dont get it. Why wouldnt verizon release the update? All verizon customers know the phone overheating, the call ability problems, the lagging, the freezing, the battery performance, i can go on and on, is all software related. The fix is 5.1.1. Att customers as well as sprint customers have had these issues resolved with the update. Read forums from the other carrier note 4s. Youll see it in black and white. Why verizon wants us to suffer with all these problems is beyond me. The lg g4 is receiving 5.1.1, but the note 4 has yet to get any help. I also have factory reset many times, loaded my google profile and not loaded the profile, made no difference, kept it completely stock for weeks, no improvements...its all the 5.0.1 software. Its even been stated that the 5.0.1 software itself contains these issues, hence why 5.1.1 even exists. If theres nothing to fix, it wouldnt exist, right? 6.0 is another animal entirely because its a whole new android version. 5.1.1 is just the fix all to the lollipop android version. And why would verizon also increment the bootloader in their latest update to where we, as customers, couldnt even rollback to kitkat? Its like here, we want you to have as many problems as you can with this 5.0.1 poor excuse for lollipop, and if you dont like it, too bad...we blocked you from going back to 4.4.4 kitkat which didnt have all these issues. The very least, verizon should tell its customers, you know what, yes, we have the update, no, we are not close to releasing it yet, yes, we incremented the bootloader with plans to release 5.1.1 in a quicker timeframe but that fell through, so head to your local verizon shop and rollback to 4.4.4 until we have the update finalized so your problems will be fixed in the meantime....or here is an ota or downloadable 4.4.4 firmware that will be acceptable to break through the incremented bootloader. That is customer service, that is proper support. Many a verizon customer is buying nexus devices, oneplus two devices now, and a handful of other devices to get better reliable software updates because of verizons lack of support. I think we all should write letters to the president of verizon demanding better support, outlining our issues, asking for either the update 5.1.1 or the ability to rollback to 4.4.4 in the meantime. I doubt the president, ceo, whoever is in the top seat, has any idea us verizon customers are experiencing these issues, etc. I worked in a corporate environment, and it was our goal to keep complaints and such AWAY from the corporate headquarters any which way possible. We should all do this immediately. The corporate world, sh** rolls downhill, not uphill, and if we create sh** at the top, it will definitely roll down to the appropriate departments quicker then complaining to customer service and support...they will give automated answers, scripted answers, credits, swapping of batteries and devices, etc, to try and deflect the real issues from getting into the attention of corporate headquarters. If threats of leaving verizon got to the top, their all about money, and if they stand to loose tons of money, you better believe something will be done...

0 Likes
j238
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree we need to start a twitter campaign name and shame Verizon into

doing it. for every tweet vzw puts out we should respond with a link to

this forum and dissuading people from buying vzw branded phones

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Already been nothing happens. 6 years of this stuff and people keep doing the same smell. Like hearing your head on a wallover and over isn't going to fix the problem.

0 Likes
hoboX10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung documents were leaked for when they will finalize their 6.0 builds for their devices. The Note 4 isn't until February. FEBRUARY, 3 MONTHS AWAY.

But the fun doesn't stop there guys, then Verizon's brilliant team gets their hands all in it to "verify" it with their bloatware, and after a good 4-8 more weeks afterwards they'll release it to us! Isn't it great to be a Verizon customer! Aren't you glad you pay more than any other carrier to have your phones' updates be EIGHT MONTHS APART!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We really don’t want to see you leave us, Zx1truth. Although we do not have information on product rollouts we hope you will stay with us after 15 years.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

Downloading Marshmallow 6.0 as we speak on the new Nexus 6 I am putting on the Fi network. Amazon had them for $199 and couldn't help myself.  I guess I did put my money where my mouth was and went ahead and did it.  I am keeping the Note 4 until the contract is out and see how long it really takes to get it upgraded.  I will still have access and will let you know how the nexus get along on Fi.

0 Likes
DarthScott
Enthusiast - Level 3

As an IT professional, I rely on my mobile device for a lot.  Since updating to 5.0.1 I have had nothing but problems with my Note 4.  I hereby start an online petition demanding Verizon update to 5.1.1 immediately or replace the phone with the Note 5.

Zacharee1
Contributor - Level 1

I would settle for maybe an LG G4 if this update never comes, but for me, the Note 5 is a downgrade from the 4. No SD card slot, no removable battery, slippery glass design, reports of it completely breaking from small drops, the list goes on. It's practically the same phone, but with less features than the Note 4.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have a functioning device. What difficulties are you experiencing?

KleoL_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes