Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 Update - VZW FAIL
emlspencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am beyond irritated that as the flagship of exactly one year, Verizon continues to provide less than vague answers as to when we will be receiving this update.  I used to laugh at Sprint as a provider and swore that I'd never consider AT&T again as an option.  However, I have been awaiting Android 5.1.1 since June this year and have watched carries such as Spring and AT&T release 5.1.1 to their customers.  At this point, considering I pay about $125/month, I have been investigating other carriers and their service records and can honestly say, I am considering paying the fee to break my contract with Verizon to receive support and tech that keeps current.  In my estimation, Verizon should be offering credit to those of us that have been waiting months to receive this update to our [removed] devices which haven't worked properly since 5.0.1 was released.  I've been a customer with Verizon for 10+ years and can honestly say I have never been so disappointed with the service or lack thereof.   Get with it Verizon.  Stop treating your customers, whom are probably paying the highest bills based on the handset of their choice, like second rate piles of [removed].

I'm rather curious how much time and money was spent on Verizon creating their fancy new logo - perhaps the developers, designers and others on that team should have focused their energy on testing and releasing the update for their note 4 customers.

VERIZON FAIL!!!!!

[Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

Labels (1)
Re: Galaxy Note 4 Android 5.1.1 Update - VZW FAIL
Matthwo8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, same situation with my note 4. Really considering Google Fi project! Once I pay my edge down....I'm done.  Google services and a Nexus from now on!

emlspencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon has let all of its Note 4 users down.  I have done 2 factory data resets and I still feel like throwing my phone into a lake.

diomark
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel exactly the same.

Verizon - please fix something. You're consistently last pushing updates. Before, you were arguing that this is because you're putting the updates through vigorous testing /certification prior to pushing it - fine.. When Lollipop 5.0.1 came out, I was thinking "great, verizon is taking their time because it's broken. they're going to skip it and go directly to 5.1.1" - nope - you pushed the same buggy mess that the other carriers pushed, but months later.

And the fix came out in the form of 5.1.1 which is NOWHERE to be see on the verizon network.

Please do something Verizon - you want to stay #1, start  caring about your customers and having more timely updates - not just 'security updates' which don't do anything other then lockout root for those of us that need it.

-Mark

(Verizon since '11 - strongly considering T-Mobile or Project FI for our 3 lines)

ps - the most frustrating thing? ZERO communication from Verizon.

Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

Priced Fi  Heck of a deal!  Got a year before the Note 4 contract is over.  The reason I have a Note 4 contract is because they broke my Note 3 in the same way and I had to buy a whole new phone to get one that worked.  I can see thousands going away in droves once Fi becomes a little more available.  Unlimited talk, test and 1GB data for $30.  Can't fail!  Just wish I could do it now!

jiff777
Enthusiast - Level 2

I totally agree. We have five smartphones on our account. 2 Note 3's, 2 Note 4's and a Droid Turbo. The support for the Note 4's has been pathetic. I will fulfill my contract with Verizon and then I will move away from both Samsung and Verizon. There has been no support for the Note 4. No additional features and still on buggy 5.01. Marshmallow is already rolling out to other devices. There are other phone manufactures and wireless service providers who want our business. Soon, we will be purchasing "smartphones" for $200 instead of $800. Sadly, greed has opened the door for the Chinese manufacturers. Only a fool would pay 7 to 800 dollars every two years for a phone and a lack of support.

emlspencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

And isn't it truly indicative of VZW to not have even posted so much as a

response to this thread?!?!?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Considering that this thread was only started less than four hours ago, you haven't waited long enough.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

emlspencer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I suppose you're right about that Ann.  In fact, if I've been waiting 5 months for Android 5.1.1, I imagine we'll have to wait for a certain netherworld to freeze over before Verizon chooses how to reply to this.

Matthwo8
Enthusiast - Level 2

The S5 on AT&T just got 5.1.1.......note 4 on Verizon, still waiting.....