Re: Exploding Note 7 Replacement By Mail
rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

This is truly remarkable. If the battery is benign then why all this drama? This is unbelievable. Perhaps someone will shed some light on how a device that know to explode is safe to ship by a common carrier.

This is not meant to deny the folks in remote locations their exchange. I would like to know the logic and please dont tell me that turning the gizmo OFF is adequate. Any bump in the right place could turn it ON and then what.

0 Likes
JSM71
Enthusiast - Level 3

Of course you've received the shipping label, tidbits has no idea what he"s talking about, not dumb, but actually willfully making things up to defend Verizon's anti-consumer behavior.  He will keep this tantrum up because folks wont listen to his, "facts".  

0 Likes
JSM71
Enthusiast - Level 3

And there"s rgang with him hand in hand.  Either they work for a "customer management service" or they just really, really like Verizon.   One more time, batteries in phones that are off are not a danger, why you can still take your Note 7 on a crowded airliner SO LONG AS IT'S OFF.   Verizon doesnt want the extra costs of shipping and their customers can pound sand

0 Likes
RACBRO3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Recall Updates

Fwiw. Ups allows the return shipping of Note 7s

0 Likes
rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

This is a fluid situation and the Feds, Verizon, Samsung, USPS, Fed Ex and UPS are all trying to find a safe and workable solution. Have to give them time to sort out the details.

Note7 has garnered special attention consequently special shipping and handling rules are being put in place. All this started a week maybe 10 days ago. It is truly amazing how quickly the bureaucracy has moved to help the consumer.

I came to this forum to sort out what was best option for me to replace my Note7. This has been answered so I am all set.

0 Likes