Re: Exploding Note 7 Replacement By Mail
rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

Your local postmaster will be happy to provide you with the definitive and authoritative response.

0 Likes
JSM71
Enthusiast - Level 3

despite all the unofficial airline announcement, cftc Recall, etc, no one has "deemed" the note 7 any such thing.  For that matter the airlines still allow them on passenger planes, just shut off.  More to the point, in the  other thread VZ has already said you could mail it, but only for folks in the 14 day return window!!!

0 Likes
rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

You have definitely started something. More power to you. This 14 day strategy stated by the Rep is the first time I heard this. Please followup and do talk to the Customer Service and share what they say about the shipping issue. Regards risking taking Note7 and on a plane, if TSA confiscates the phone there is little one can do, given the confusion. Each person has to make the choice and decision based on what they have read and researched.

I stress do share your experience as those in remote areas will definitely benefit from this turn of events.

0 Likes
Reepks
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why does Verizon insist on imposing their 15-day return policy on a device that has been recalled? This is a safety recall, not an exchange.  Note 7 owners are experiencing a major inconvenience with replacing their devices only to have Verizon make the swap to a safe device even more inconvenient.

If Verizon cared about retaining their customers at all, they would do all they could to get a new, safe device in the hands of all note 7 owners. Instead, they are making customers jump through hoops and forcing many to continue to use a device that poses a risk to everyone involved.  There are many people that are unable to physically go to a Verizon location to make the exchange, hence the reason they initially ordered the phone on-line.  Since these same people can not be without a way to communicate in case of an emergency, they continue to use the device that poses a fire hazard to their children, their homes, etc.

It would seem that it would be much less expensive to implement an on-line exchange than risk being sued over an injury caused by not accommodating individuals who can not physically return the phone to a Verizon store.  Sorry Verizon but not all individuals with disabilities or physical limitations are on fixed incomes. Many own and operate businesses and do very well for themselves and can afford your ridiculously priced services and high-end devices!

Tidbits
Legend

Guys...  It's actually ILLEGAL to ship out the Note 7 when there is a recall.  This is the SOLE reason it has to be done in store.  Try going to USPS and tell them you want to ship your Note 7 and see how fast that idea gets shut down.

So go to a store, and they have to accept them or they could face legal action as it is an official recall.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Reepks wrote:

Why does Verizon insist on imposing their 15-day return policy on a device that has been recalled? This is a safety recall, not an exchange. Note 7 owners are experiencing a major inconvenience with replacing their devices only to have Verizon make the swap to a safe device even more inconvenient.

If Verizon cared about retaining their customers at all, they would do all they could to get a new, safe device in the hands of all note 7 owners. Instead, they are making customers jump through hoops and forcing many to continue to use a device that poses a risk to everyone involved. There are many people that are unable to physically go to a Verizon location to make the exchange, hence the reason they initially ordered the phone on-line. Since these same people can not be without a way to communicate in case of an emergency, they continue to use the device that poses a fire hazard to their children, their homes, etc.

It would seem that it would be much less expensive to implement an on-line exchange than risk being sued over an injury caused by not accommodating individuals who can not physically return the phone to a Verizon store. Sorry Verizon but not all individuals with disabilities or physical limitations are on fixed incomes. Many own and operate businesses and do very well for themselves and can afford your ridiculously priced services and high-end devices!

They are not forcing you to jump through hoops.  How can they get you Note 7s when they DO NOT MAKE THEM, NOR HAVE THEM IN STOCK?  They are having you return your devices so you can get new ones as they arrive.  Can we think rationally for a minute here instead of ranting about things no carrier for that matter has control over.

0 Likes
Reepks
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tidbits,

I am not sure what part of my post you consider to be irrational.  At this point, I believe we are all aware that the new devices will not be available until Wednesday at the earliest.  In no way did I insist that they need to send new devices out right this instance.  If you had read and comprehended what the representative from Verizon had stated previously, you would have realized that they are willing to exchange (via shipping) devices purchased within their 14-day return window.  However, they are not willing to extend this service to those individuals who ordered previous to the 14-day window.  Anyone outside that window will have to take the device to a Verizon corporate store which, as I stated, can create an issue for some people. 

Please do us all a favor and climb down off your "let's be rational" high horse before you injure yourself.

Tidbits
Legend

I read and I understand.  You want the new devices sent to you over going in store and doing it right then and there.  Honestly there is no difference in the other than the time spending in the store.  The problem doing it your way is a logistic nightmare and may cause devices not being submitted and sold off.   Of course what is a inconvenience to you doesn't.

FYI if you actually Looked at the rep said he sited policy and I am willing to bet...  He didn't even notice it was about the Note 7 which happens with a lot of these reps.

I will stay on my high horse, because I have said things in these threads and no one listened.  Then the Feds said exactly what I have been saying and people are still not listening.  Have fun man.  I will enjoy my Note 7 when it comes in, and I hope you get yours too.

0 Likes
diredup
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually its not illegal, ive already been provided a return shipping label for my Note 7 due to the excessive mileage from my home to a corporate store.

Tidbits
Legend

Actually it is on an official recall. If the shipping company knows the contents they will refuse to ship it. Also if something happens to said plane and the phone was the cause you will be the one going to jail for it as you were the sender.

There's a reason why even the feds says to it to stores specifically...

Anyway have fun.

0 Likes