Encrypted SD Card Needs Reboot every other Day, anyone else?
MCPFail
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone is encrypted per company policy, including the SD card.  No choice in the matter.  I cannot decrypt SD card.  The data is all backed up into the cloud so no worries there.  I store all my photos and have music, etc. on my SD card which is encrypted by the Android OS.  I chose to encrypt all but mp3s (samsung option when encrypting).  All worked fine until the last update.  Since the last update, my phone seems to "lose" visibility to the content of my SD card.  It knows it is there, but after 24-48 hours, the data on that card is not readable by the phone.  What I mean is I see, for example, the photos thumbnails (garbled) but cannot open them.  I go to my music player, and there are "no songs on the device".  Odd since the music shouldn't have been encrypted in the first place.

Left with no other option I do a full reboot.  After I reboot, and then click the drop down for SD encryption, all the data shows up perfectly fine for another 24-48 hours. 

Questions:

Is anyone else running an encrypted SD card?  Is your music encrypted?  Are you experiencing this?  Just wondering if anyone else sees this issue.  Also I've noticed my phone soft reboots in my pocket every few days since the update.

0 Likes
Re: Encrypted SD Card Needs Reboot every other Day, anyone else?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that your device is functioning properly at all times for you MCPFail. I'm glad to read that you are taking advantage of the encryption security options on your Note 4. Just to ensure that we have a full understanding of the issue, are you having the visibility issue every 48 hours? If so then are you experiencing the same visibility concern when you try to view the pictures on a computer? If you can provide us with the details then we can investigate your concern together.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes