Do not receive group texts from one single group.
gooch_mango
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not receive text messages from one group I am in.

I can get texts from every other group, only this one group gives me trouble.

I can send and receive texts from every member of the group individually just fine. I can send and receive texts from all these members as a group if I create the group, but I don't get messages from the group created by the group administrator.

I used Message+ until yesterday. I cleared the cache, cleared all data, wiped the app and restored the texts, and even switched message apps to Google Messages. The problem remains.

In the group participants list my name and number are correct, but I have a blue bubble next to my name (everybody else's is gray).

What can I do to fix this?

Galaxy Note 5; Android 7 (up to date); Messages 4.7.058; (Verizon Message 4.1 disabled)

Labels (1)
Re: Do not receive group texts from one single group.
bearone21
Legend

are you sure you're on the list?

0 Likes
gooch_mango
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. She send me a pic of the participant's list. I am on it. My number is correct. The curious part is the little bubble next to my name and number on the list is blue, while the other's bubbles are all gray.

I am pretty sure that color difference means something, but I cannot figure out what.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gooch_mango, we always want you to receive all of your messages. I can see you are only having issues with one specific group. It is, though, occurring in each messaging app that you have used. You also have no issues texting the people in your list individually. I would recommend reaching out to your Group Administrator to ensure they do not have you blocked in any way. 

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
gooch_mango
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not blocked in any way.

I have tried this is Safe Mode. It did not help.

Today I did a factory reset of the phone. It did not help.

When a member sends a message using this group I get a text message from +1900020102050 telling me:

"Message+ messages are waiting for you. You will need Message+ app to view these messages."

Then it gives me a link to the PlayStore to download the app. When I follow the link I cannot download it as it is already installed. I click "Open". That takes me back to the original message with the link, but no message is ever delivered.

0 Likes
gooch_mango
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue is back.

After I did the factory reset, I deleted all text messages and rolled Message+ back to the original version that came preinstalled on my phone. That worked! I could get the messages fro the group.

I then updated Message+ to the latest version, and I could still get messages from the group. So I restored all of the other text messages I deleted from my backup. The group messages continued to work... for a day or two.

Now I am back to the beginning. I no longer get text messages from that one group. I do not know why it worked for a couple of days and then stopped again.

I don't know what to do next. Help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to see that you are having issues with your messages. Not getting those texts can be a hassle for anyone. With regard to the device have you tried the previous steps you've done again?  JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
fluteloops
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is OBVIOUS to me that VERIZON has an issue with Message +, that they cannot or will not address this.  This problem continues to arise from MANY of their customers and there has not been one satisfactory solution.  It is ALWAYS put off on the customer.  Having worked for IBM for decades, and retired with a tad bit of knowledge - this would have been unacceptable policy in our company.  Verizon it is YOUR responsibility to fix YOUR software and help YOUR customers.  WE are paying substantially for this and oh yeah, YOUR salaries!  Btw, I have this problem with two groups I've set up and I've now chosen to quit using Message +.  The next step is to quit using Verizon, which would be my suggestion to all customers that do not get a resolution from Verizon.  Do not allow them to just put off their software bugs onto someone else.  I call garbage!

0 Likes