DEAR VERIZON
Mare3199
Enthusiast - Level 3

These rumors about our Note7's are getting out of hand. I see so many different versions of conversations with your representatives, both stores and phone, isn't it time to make your public statement that fits everyone, not just those that will settle for your Galaxy 7 and 7 edge? How about a statement that includes those of us that want to exchange our Note7's for the new Note 7?

It appears one person was even told there would be a restocking fee. REALLY? Let's get your representatives informed and all on the same page so we can put a stop to these rumors, get these phones exchanged,and get on with our lives.

Re: DEAR VERIZON
KELFINK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I've talked to both Verizon and Samsung now, and got different info from each.  I also see on these forums that everyone who has spoken with a Verizon rep has received different information.  They all need to get on the same page.  Every other carrier has a plan in place for folks who want to replace their Note7's with a new Note7 instead of downgrading.  Not sure why this is so hard for Verizon to get on board with.

DSTREGE08
Enthusiast - Level 2

It gets old with Verizon. We purchased 2 Note7s and want them replaced per Samsung's recall. If replacements are available this week or next, why can we not exchange them this week or next??  Rather after Sept 30, and then pay a restocking fee. We need help from Verizon. Remember us, your customers? We pay your bills by buying stuff, like new phones. That can stop too!

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Samsung Galaxy Note7 | Verizon Wireless

So so this information has been up for several days. It specifically spells thing out on their website!!

0 Likes
Aulwesjo
Enthusiast - Level 3

"Additionally, through September 30, 2016, we are waiving the restocking fee for any customers who purchased a Galaxy Note7 and wish to return or exchange it."

So how do we exchange it and when can we exchange it? Will there be enough available to exchange before September 30th? What do we need to return (chargers and sweaty earbuds)?

Will we need to exchange in store or online/mail?

MLP6593
Enthusiast - Level 2

I totally agree Verizon really needs to get their ducks in a row and provide their customers, who pay so much, consistent information.  It makes the company look horrible when all employees have a different story.

sztheday2006
Enthusiast - Level 3

Actually, the small statement that is only found when going to the product description fails to address real concerns and question of actual Note 7 owners, namely:

1. What to do if original device was purchased online.

2. In the case of damage to original device is it still available for exchange or return.

3. Is there any provision for a "temporary" phone that can be later exchanged for the re-released Note 7.

4. Are accessories purchased for the Note 7 returnable/refundable?

5. When will the re-released devices become available?

6. How will customers be notified of the new device arrival and do present owners get first call for those devices?

7. How are upgrades handled/reversed for those of us that may have upgraded a line?

What you fail to understand is that frustrated customers are entitled to answers and unfortunately Verizon hasn't done a very good job -- not by a long shot -- at answering any of these questions or providing reassurance to customers that the device we all purchased will again be available to us. Instead they, only one of the major carriers, placed a time frame on their willingness to do an exchange or return without addressing the big question of "what if the new devices are not available during that time?" I have personally chatted with three separate reps and gotten three different answers and none of them complete.

If you follow Verizon wireless twitter, the same is true. Multiple answers to the same question. I am absolutely not a fan of ATT (the company I left 21 years ago to join Verizon) but seriously, I expected much better of Verizon and have been disappointed in the lack of clarity and response to customer inquiries. This community forum has only one "official" statement (found under documents) by any from Verizon and that was last updated 5 days ago. By contrast, Solved: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Recall - Page 4 - AT&T Community   also five day ago. See any difference?

ANTLAF67
Enthusiast - Level 1

Chat transcript removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Dadanel

Seriously! I went to a corporate store and was told If I wanted to keep my note 7 and it wasn't heating up to just keep it!  That the only phones blowing up are those that were shipped overseas. He said not to worry as long as I keep charging it with its own charger. What in the world! And I need the box?? What if I no longer have everything that came in the box but charger and phone??

This is stressing!!

0 Likes