Cannot have my Note 10+ unlocked after a few months
TopGun2019
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bought my Note 10+ a few months ago way pass 60-day mark. However, every time I tried my backup SIM from a different carrier, my phone service got disconnected and asked me to contact Verizon. The phone works with my Verizon SIM just fine but this is very annoying when I go somewhere Verizon doesn't have a good coverage.

It's very difficult to get a hold of a real tech support person to talk to from Verizon side, had to jump through hoops of the virtual assistants. Even I managed to talk to someone at a few occasions, they don't seem to know how to fix it. This is a very frustrating experience and Verizon doesn't seem to care about customers’ requests and cannot implement their system correctly. How can we escalate this problem? Very one seems to hide behind VA now.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot have my Note 10+ unlocked after a few months
TopGun2019
Enthusiast - Level 1

Never mind. Contacted VZW Twitter CS, problem solved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TopGun2019, we see that you are looking to have your device unlocked. Let's work together to see your options today. In order to mitigate theft and other fraudulent activity, newly purchased devices are “locked” to work exclusively on the Verizon network.  We have separate device unlocking policies that cover postpay and prepaid devices, as well as special rules for deployed military personnel.

“Unlocking” a device refers only to disabling software that would prevent a consumer from attempting to activate a device designed for one carrier’s network on another carrier’s network. Due to differing technologies, an unlocked Verizon Wireless device may not work – or may experience limited functionality – on another carrier’s network.

Devices that you purchase from Verizon are locked for 60 days after purchase.   Devices that you purchase from our retail partners are locked for 60 days after activation.  After 60 days, we will automatically remove the lock. Following the 60 day lock period, we do not lock our phones at any time.

For more information, please review this link: https://www.verizon.com/about/consumer-safety/device-unlocking-policy 

You have our sincerest apologies that you have not been able to reach us however we are available to assist you now. You mentioned your device unlock issues and coverage issues. Can you elaborate more on what service issues that you are having in detail? 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
SedV6500
Enthusiast - Level 1

How was your issue resolved? I am having similar problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want to offer you the best available options to unlock the device as needed. Please send a Private Note and we can offer you more personalized support to review the unlock status. -Yale

0 Likes