Can no longer use WiFi calling in airplane mode
cj888
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon, WHY did you intentionally remove the ability for wifi calling in airplane mode in the N910VVRS2CQA1 update?! I get a very low signal for making/receiving calls in my place. In order to make decent phone calls and send/receive sms/mms, I normally put my phone in airplane mode, turn wifi back on and was always able to place calls and sms/mms via my home wifi network. Ever since latest update, you are blocking this now. Am receiving the error message about 'radio being turned off', thus blocking wifi calling.

0 Likes
Re: Can no longer use WiFi calling in airplane mode
Weth
Legend

If true that sucks. Is anyone else seeing the same problem after the update?

cj888
Enthusiast - Level 2

Glad I'm out of contract recently. Time to leave awful Verizon. They are always doing what they can to screw over their customers, unlike T-Mobile.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It would break our heart if you left our happy wireless family, cj888. We want you to get the most out of your device and service with us. Since the updates come directly from the developers of the software, we suggest that this feedback gets sent to Google Inc. as we don't determine what features are added and/or removed. May I ask what's the reason for putting the device in Airplane Mode while at home? Wifi Calling does still work with Airplane Mode is disabled. What zip code are you having very low signal in?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cj888
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to get wifi calling working again after disabling the feature and re-enabling it a few times. But my LTE signal has really gone down hill. Used to get at least 3 bars of signal here at home and for awhile now it's only 1 bar and it affects call quality, hence why I have to force my phone to use WiFi. I'm in 90006 zip, but really right against the border of 90005 as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the details. When did you first notice the drop in signal? What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

EstebanP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
cj888
Enthusiast - Level 2

About a few months now. Already done all troubleshooting possible (I am an advanced user.) Signal is fine in other areas. I can even go to the roof of my mid rise bldg and signal improves. But lately, signals are not as strong to penetrate the inside of my condo.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cj888, I depend on my service to work right. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Is this issue only indoors?
AlbertoR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes