Can Someone Be Clear About The Note 7 Recall?
glackley
Enthusiast - Level 3

It took 90 minutes to replace my 20 day-old, safe Note 7 at a local "Corporate Store", as this was a new process for them and they had to make many calls to see what to do, including using a Verizon email on my phone to guide them. Then another 3 hours with customer service today, trying to clarify a few issues.

I was issued a new S7 Edge at a local store, refunding all "company Store" purchased accessories for the Note 7, then buying S7 Edge accessories. With accessories from the non-corporate store, I was on my own, and that store was not accepting returns for anything without a box.   Lesson learned, do not buy from non-company stores! The local company store said they were "prohibited" from accepting my Note 7 due to the fire issue, and I would have to take it home, better my home burn that the mall. A fireproof box would automatically be sent, i was told. We'll see, there is zero documentation on this. Whether it was Verizon or Samsung sending the box, I was not told or didn't hear

I asked customer service a few minutes ago if they could check the status of the firebox, and they had never heard of such a thing, but had bags they could send. Then they asked about my Note 7 and why I had returned it. Note 7, really? Was it defective I was asked? No. Then why did i return it, was I unhappy with it? Then I was asked if it was an "insurance Claim". So I asked her if she had heard of a phone called a Note 7. Yes, so this was not an insurance claim, you just wanted to exchange it? NO!!!! Had to explain it was recalled by Samsung and her company, Verizon.

....Totally clueless. Then she said the problem was I must have bought it at Best Buy, Costco. No I bought it at at.a corporate store and have the paperwork.

....Great! you just signed me out while typing this and EVERYTHING past this point was lost after I logged back in...

..FORGET IT

OK, I GIVE UP!! TOTAL FRUSTRATION!!!!!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Customer Service- no clue on Note 7 recall, Firebox, insurance, more
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

glackley,

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience trading in your Note 7. We understand this has been difficult situation for you. We appreciate your patience in working with us on this. I would like to explain a few things so we are on the same page. I have been with this company for over 10 years and during this time we have never had a recalled device. Much less than 2 of the same device in almost a 2 week period. However, we still want the transaction to be seamless. We understand your time is valuable and we want to respect this. I apologize it was not this way for you. 

Samsung is no longer selling the Note 7. They have advised for your safety they suggest powering the device down. If you go back to the point of purchase they will issue a credit for all Note 7 accessories that were purchased with a Verizon Wireless through VZW. Any other accessories can be returned with the original seller if still within their return period.

If you were at the store and you purchased a different device and left the store with the device in hand they are able to accept the device back. However, if you were being shipped a device you will take your Note 7 with you. You will be shipped shortly a special box with packaging and instructions on how to return your current Note 7.

I apologize you were given the run around. We always want to make sure we make this as easy as possible. However, this is a very unusual circumstance and we are receiving lots of information from Samsung as how they would like us to proceed with this recall at different times. We appreciate your patience in this matter. Here is some additional information http://spr.ly/65848BYcp

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
comgraph11

I thought this was a 24 he places to get answered?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

glackley,

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience trading in your Note 7. We understand this has been difficult situation for you. We appreciate your patience in working with us on this. I would like to explain a few things so we are on the same page. I have been with this company for over 10 years and during this time we have never had a recalled device. Much less than 2 of the same device in almost a 2 week period. However, we still want the transaction to be seamless. We understand your time is valuable and we want to respect this. I apologize it was not this way for you. 

Samsung is no longer selling the Note 7. They have advised for your safety they suggest powering the device down. If you go back to the point of purchase they will issue a credit for all Note 7 accessories that were purchased with a Verizon Wireless through VZW. Any other accessories can be returned with the original seller if still within their return period.

If you were at the store and you purchased a different device and left the store with the device in hand they are able to accept the device back. However, if you were being shipped a device you will take your Note 7 with you. You will be shipped shortly a special box with packaging and instructions on how to return your current Note 7.

I apologize you were given the run around. We always want to make sure we make this as easy as possible. However, this is a very unusual circumstance and we are receiving lots of information from Samsung as how they would like us to proceed with this recall at different times. We appreciate your patience in this matter. Here is some additional information http://spr.ly/65848BYcp

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
glackley
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is a follow up from the original post

VZN customer service was able to confirm my devise, an S7 Edge, was listed as a "direct" purchase, not an "indirect" purchase, meaning it was purchased at a corporate store. That was my #1 concern.

There is no explaination as to why insurance is not offered or available via my account on the Verizon website . I was told this may happen if the devise is a indirect purchase, as other stores offer their own insurance, or for a devise that over 30 days old, neither which is true in this case. CS added the insurance to my account and notated the comversation.

They also confirmed a Fireproof box from Samsung will be sent to my address to return my Note 7.

Additional problems were taken care of too.

All issues settled at this time.

This is the first time I had to deal with anything other than routine items with VZN, which has been my only carrier.

0 Likes
glackley
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is follow up. Still no kit.

Today, Monday, October 31st is 19 days after buying a new S7E at a local corporate store.

13 days ago, 4 days after the above post, I tried customer service again. CS confirmed no box had been ordered, unlike what I had be told countless times.

A return label was generated at that time. I was told to expect the return kit in 3- 5 business days, but was not promised that.

Today is the 8th business day and day12 after that conversation. Still, no return kit.

A call to CS last week said they can see a return label was generated. So, I continue to wait with my cold, dead Note 7 sitting on a concrete slab, still hoping that box is still coming.

EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

I truly apologize for any delay in getting a box and return label out to you so you could return your Note 7 device, glackley. Let me look into what is going on with these two items. I am sending you a private message to assist you further to ensure you are taken care of with the return label reaching you as arranged.

EdwinW_VZW   

Follow us on

Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

It sounds like the CS rep you got on the original call may have been new; at least I would hope so given the widespread news on the 7.

The issuance of the return boxes seems to be an ongoing problem.  I exchanged my 7 for the 7 Edge on 12 October and have yet to receive the return shipping box.  CS first indicated 4 days, then two weeks, now another two weeks so total time so far is roughly 5 weeks, though I still have another week to wait from the time of the last call and request.  The boxes are supposed to be going out automatically to all Note 7 owners with no requests required.  Additionally, Verizon indicated they are automatically crediting/refunding Note 7 accessories purchased through Verizon, either in-store or online; no return of items are required and actually, no visit to a Verizon store is required.

As for accessory returns, each store, other than a Verizon store or Verizon online, have their own return policies; Verizon has no control over those.  I do know any Note 7 accessories purchased through Amazon, whether still in the return period or not, are being accepted back.  The person just has to go through the regular return/refund option on the site; no original boxes are required.

glackley
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received a letter from Verizon yesterday, dated  10-26-2016 showing the refund for both the Note 7 and upgrade fee, exactly as I was told when I bought the new S7E on October 12th, with all accessories  credited. I expect the return kit any time now.

0 Likes