Can I activate a Note 9 unlocked
Tyronewhiskey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can I activate a Note 9 unlocked SM-N960UZBFXAA with my current line

0 Likes
Re: Can I activate a Note 9 unlocked
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

The Note9 is certainly a fantastic device, Tyronewhiskey. You can check to see if it can be activated, using the Device ID, right here: Bring Your Own Phone or Device - BYOD

Thank you,

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
Tyronewhiskey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. How would I know before I purchase it?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

A list of certified unlocked Android devices can be found here:

Verizon Certified Unlocked Android Smartphones

Tyronewhiskey
Enthusiast - Level 2

No model number is listed for the Note 9, does that mean all are approved?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually it was listed on that list. It just wasn't in line with the model name. However if you count down in both columns, you will see the model number of Galaxy Note 9 is SM-N950U1. Unless the author of that list has it accidentally switched with the Note 8 model number. In that case, the model number is SM-N960U1.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

ryanm_vzw
Verizon Employee

I definitely want to make sure that you have the right expectation before purchasing that Note 9. I'm happy to shed some light. The only way to be absolutely certain that a phone hasn't been carrier locked and is fully compatible with our network is to get the IMEI number from the device that you are purchasing. The IMEI is available in the settings, about phone. You would enter that IMEI into the aforementioned "bring your own device" website we mentioned in the earlier post. Does this clarify?

Ryan_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes