Bluetooth issues
kaybracon
Contributor - Level 1

I've been having issues with Bluetooth during the past  couple of weeks.  I'll be streaming music to my bluetooth earphones, and it will suddenly drop out and start playing through the phone's speaker.  When I look at the bluetooth connection on the phone, it shows that the earphones are now connected only as call audio, not call audio and media audio.  I have to toggle it off and then back on to get it to reconnect to the earphones. 

This happens with two sets of earphones, at home and at work, and it also happens with my bluetooth shower speaker.  All three of these have worked fine with my phone for months.

One thing that I've found to cause the issue is when I walk out of wifi range and the phone switches back to 4G.  However, again, this didn't happen until a couple of weeks ago.

I did apply an update 3 or 4 weeks ago, but don't know if the failure started happening because of it.

Is anybody else seeing this behavior?

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi IalreadyHaveAnAccount, 

We always want your phone to be up and running properly. Sorry to hear that this is not happening with your Bluetooth. Let's get this fixed. Have you powered the device off/on since this issue started? If so, next reset the network settings https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-214319/ . Keep us posted with the results when completed. 

Thanks,

Pamela_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kaybracon
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for the response, but neither power cycling nor resetting network settings fixed the issue. 

Losing wifi causes the bluetooth connection to headphones/speaker to drop out.  Whatever song I'm listening to suddenly begins blaring from the phone speaker. Bluetooth still works - my Gear watch stays connected.

If I look at the settings for the headphones I'm using, it still shows that the device is connected and in use for Call Audio and Media Audio.  I can toggle Media Audio off and then back on to get the headphones to play again. 

This behavior didn't start happening until a few weeks ago.  I used to be able to freely move in and out of wifi areas without there being any affect on my bluetooth connections.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking the steps that you have so far. Please restart the device in Safe Mode and test the connection as you travel in and out of a WiFi connection. Here is a link with instructions: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-214320/

Yale_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kaybracon
Contributor - Level 1

I restarted in safe mode, and the problem goes away.  So I assume now, I need to start uninstalling apps one by one to see if I can find the offending one?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, that would be the next steps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes