Re: Bluetooth doesn't seem to be working after taking the latest OTA software update.
vicki_george
Enthusiast - Level 2

Per my post, I have tried it all... I have followed every recommendation you have made to others. 

If you want to hear directly from me, my response is, none of your suggestions correct the situation, and Safe mode disables the application. 

How high is correcting this error on Verizon's priority list? Because Note 4 and S5 (I have the Note 4 and my daughter, with the very same issue had an S5), is this a push toward us updating to a newer phone? I'm not sure I like that tactic....

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Re: Bluetooth doesn't seem to be working after taking the latest OTA software update.
LOZLOSA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Who is telling you they find it confusing?  All I see are are tech savvy people jumping through hoops to do everything that's recommended. Are you a Verizon bot or a human with cognitive skills?  There are mutitudinous threads about these Samsung BT issues that cropped up the instant the OTA update was loaded. I  (and others here) have wasted HOURS doing the troubleshooting that Verizon seems disinterested in doing. Here's the deal: escalate this up and get it resolved, or we'll take it to social media. Enough jerking around. I was with ATT for more than a decade when I moved to Verizon in 2015. I can easily move my 5-phone package back to ATT (or any of the other providers who will gladly have our business).

0 Likes
SNUGASABUG25
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issues with my fitness tracker.  It's an up move.  I've reset the phone,  tried in safe mode,  reset network settings everything that was recommended here and nothing is working. I'm so ready to switch to a different provider.  I'm sad,  I've been with verizon from my 1st phone over 15yrs ago.  Smiley Sad

vicki_george
Enthusiast - Level 2

OMG!  The response time on their forum sucks!  I'm done jumping through hoops.  They want you to tweet...so I tweet and they want to repeat the same steps. I read the tweets from other users with the same issue, and veizon pretends they are not aware of this issue.

What kills me, is they then want you to do them so they can point fingers at garmin. Keep it public! Help everyone! Grrrrr

0 Likes
Amaker46
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just throwing in another identical testimony.  Firmware update clearly broke my Pebble connection. The boilerplate steps do not help.  Another thread I found seems to indicate the the firmware changed (without notice or backwards compatibility) how some of the Bluetooth LE functionality works causing watches and other low energy bt using devices to fail connecting.  Verizon seems uninterested in actually address the problem.  They can play this games I suppose for now but eventually this will catch up with them.  If we were business customers they'd be in violation of a variety of things most likely and they'd be running down the street protecting their butts with their hands.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

vicki.george wrote:

OMG! The response time on their forum sucks! I'm done jumping through hoops. They want you to tweet...so I tweet and they want to repeat the same steps. I read the tweets from other users with the same issue, and veizon pretends they are not aware of this issue.

What kills me, is they then want you to do them so they can point fingers at garmin. Keep it public! Help everyone! Grrrrr

This community is a peer to peer public community forum and not a direct link to Customer Service. If you need immediate assistance, I would suggest that you call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone. The community members respond if they have suggestions or advice or questions about your issue. The VZW reps that roam this community don't respond as frequently or quickly to provide the community members a chance to respond first.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Not being able to use your Fitbit with your phone is understandably exasperating, Amaker46. I use a Fitbit as well, and I'd be lost without it connected. Does your device find and successfully connect to other Bluetooth devices? In checking this with the manufacturer, we found these steps to check how your Fitbit is syncing:

•Make sure the Fitbit app is installed on the device and is the most current version.

•Make sure the phone has Bluetooth turned on.

•Make sure the Fitbit is only connected to one phone or tablet.

•Make sure the Always Connected option is turned on in the Fitbit app (Open Fitbit app > Account > select tracker > turn ON All-Day Sync).

•If the device is running Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) or later, you may need to manually grant permission for the Fitbit app to scan for Bluetooth devices. 1.(On the phone) Open Settings > Applications > Application manager > tap the Fitbit app > Permissions > turn ON Location.

2.Ensure that the location setting is enabled on the phone (Settings > Location > turn the Location switch ON.

•Force stop the Fitbit app (Settings > Applications > Application manager > tap the Fitbit app > Force Stop > Force Stop again at the warning prompt).

•Turn Bluetooth off on the phone, then back on.

•Restart the phone.

•Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.

LynnD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vicki_george
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally spoke to a level 2 supervisor who recognized that there is an issue that is wide spread through Bluetooth users after the update. She is reporting it to Samsung. 

A big thank you to Amy who took the time to listen, look at the tweets and forums and say "yes" there send to be a problem! 

Now we wait for Samsung to send out another update. At least we have someone at Verizon who acknowledges there is an issue:) 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

TURJOH61
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, yes, and yes, our Fitbits were fine and working perfectly before the

update at 7:00am on August 8th. There are more than a few folks that are

having the exact same experience.

On Aug 21, 2017 6:35 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

ddschneider1972
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have no issue with my Pebble Time Round....however my Pebble 2 with heart rate monitor doesn't connect, fitbits wont connect, Garmin Vivofits won't connect...it's OBVIOUSLY (to us, not VZW) a problem with connecting to fitness trackers.

0 Likes