Bluetooth - are these bugs?
Blorff
Enthusiast - Level 2

Scenario 1: using Skype

Call comes in.

Ignore call because I'm already on Skype

When call terminates Skype call disconnects from Bluetooth.

Scenario 2: Using Scanner radio, listening to feed

Call comes in.

Unable to answer call using button on Bluetooth. (I could do this on the Droid Incredible 2)

Pull out phone and answer

Call goes through Bluetooth headset.

Try to end call with Bluetooth button, instead it toggles between mute and unmute.

End call on phone

Scanner radio continues feed through phone speaker. Bluetooth is in LaLa Land. Phone must be rebooted to reconnect Bluetooth.

0 Likes
Re: Bluetooth - are these bugs?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Blorff - Handsfree headsets should be a source of convenience not frustration! Is this only happening in these 2 applications? Have you tested a different Bluetooth?  I look forward to your reply so we can get this resolved!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Blorff
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not experienced it in other applications. It does this on 3 different Bluetooth devices I have tried.

0 Likes
tamole
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not having the same Bluetooth issues you are, but my multimedia apps no longer connect to my car's audio system since the update. The Bluetooth for the phone works fine. I tried playing with all the settings, but nothing worked. Then I wiped the phone. Everything worked fine again until I reinstalled my apps - same apps as before the update. Other than uninstalling each app one at a time to find the one causing the problem (which I'm doing now), I don't know what else to do. But even if it is one of the apps causing the problem, why would the update create a problem that didn't exist before? I've had a number of Verizon smartphones and the "fixes" always seem to create more new problems. This one is causing more frustration with a phone than I've ever had before. And that's sad, because it's a great phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update Blorff and I'm sorry you're having issues with the bluetooth. Which bluetooth device are you using? Have you tried to disconnect and disable the bluetooth connection completely then reestablish the connection. Did you purchase the bluetooth from us? I don't show this has a reported issue?

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi tamole,

My apologies for the issues at hand with your device. Upon review of your explanation it does seem that your desired application are no longer compatible with this function. Often times OS updates will cause incompatibility issues with older applications. Have you attempted to consult the manufacturer of the applications for assistance? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Blorff
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a consistent issue and should be pretty easy to duplicate.

If I'm talking to someone on Skype and a call comes in, Skype disconnects from Bluetooth and can't be reconnected.

It happens on my car's built-in Bluetooth and on 2 different Motorola units. I am currently using the Motorola Boom.

It also happens on other media programs, such as the Scanner Radio I mentioned. Bluetooth functions such as answering a call appear to be impacted when Bluetooth switches between media and phone mode. There have been multiple Bluetooths and multiple applications involved but the common denominator still goes back to the phone and the operating system.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Blorff!

Thanks for the details! Now, let's get to the bottom of this! You mentioned that the issue you're experiencing happens when using media. Let's troubleshoot a little, OK? Please disconnect/reconnect the Bluetooth device, if you haven't already done so. Also, please check your Bluetooth settings. Just go to Menu/Settings/Bluetooth Settings and let me know if the box for "Media Audio" is checked. Please also place the device in safe mode and re-try: http://vz.to/1he08pO

Keep us posted with the results, thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tamole
Enthusiast - Level 3

After the first update, I was able to identify the app causing the problem and removed it. Since the most recent update the problem reappeared. But, it is all multimedia functions, including the native music player, that are affected. The phone connects to the car system just fine over bluetooth, and I can make/receive calls, but the multimedia apps don't work. I think it's also worth noting that connecting with an audio cord to the AUX function, or using a wired headset isn't working either.

I use the Audible app most often in the car, which comes bundled with the phone. I can't figure out why an app that Verizon includes with the phone wouldn't work with your updates. If I can't use my "desired apps" with the phone, what's the point? I understand that not all apps are compatible with all phones, but when an update takes away compatibility with popular apps, and it creates new problems, it wastes the money I paid for the (very expensive) phone. At this point I am beyond frustrated, and screaming at the phone isn't working.

I think I already know the answer to this question, but is there any way I can restore the phone to the firmware version it came with when everything worked?

Please?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We fully understand your position tamole! Having the best options is definitely important. My utmost apologies that you would be unable to revert back to your older OS version at this time. Also, please keep in mind that Audible App is actually not a VZW product. If you do require assistance with this application we do recommend reaching out the manufacturer of the application by visiting http://www.audible.com/mt/Apps. Please keep us posted if we can provide any additional assistance, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes