Backup assist won't work and my connection is horrible.
Belindashort
Enthusiast - Level 2

Before switching phones I backed up my previous phone to backup assistant plus. I have installed it onto my Note 4 and I can not get it to run. I am getting terrible reception and it disconnects as soon as I try to use it and I get an error.

I don't know how I can go from awesome reception to crap reception in the same house.

Backup Assist has lost network connection. Please retry your operation.

Everything else works.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Backup assist won't work and my connection is horrible.
Belindashort
Enthusiast - Level 2

Figured it out. You need to get 'Backup Assist' off of Google Play.

When someone connects a new phone, the 'Cloud' option needs to open to ask if you want to transfer contacts immediately, after syncing with Google/etc. I finally figured it out, but if we didn't have the 'Cloud' on our old dashboard, it would be impossible to tell how to get our contacts if we had been using 'backup assistant' in the past.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Belindashort
Enthusiast - Level 2

Backup Assistant Optimus Zone - Android Apps on Google Play

It even has terrible reviews here. What are you doing Verizon? This is ridiculous.

0 Likes
Belindashort
Enthusiast - Level 2

Figured it out. You need to get 'Backup Assist' off of Google Play.

When someone connects a new phone, the 'Cloud' option needs to open to ask if you want to transfer contacts immediately, after syncing with Google/etc. I finally figured it out, but if we didn't have the 'Cloud' on our old dashboard, it would be impossible to tell how to get our contacts if we had been using 'backup assistant' in the past.

0 Likes