Backup Assistant Plus error lost network
jb_153

So I recently picked up the Samsung Note 3 and everything has been working fine despite the annoying backup assistant plus not syncing properly... it constantly tries to sync with contacts, way too often (every other minute: [Last backup: Failed] . Mind you i am syncing my contacts with Google and have no need for this feature. I would be happier without a second backup storage bogging down my phone anyways. I tried to disable this feature from the My Verizon homepage but I am currently unsubscribed to it so figured there was nothing else i could do on that end. When i attempt to un-check the box to disable this backup assistant 'account' from syncing an error prompt reads " Backup Assistant Plus has lost network connection. Please try again." I have also tried clearing the cache, as well as clearing the data and force stop option followed by resetting the phone. Nothing has appeared to work. Please advise. I would just like this off of my phone.

Regards,

Joe

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant Plus error lost network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear you are encountering an issue with Backup Assistant Plus, jb_153. Let's see what we can do to help stop this program from popping back up and randomly attempting a sync. When you attempt to uncheck the box to disable BUA , and you get that error message, are you connected to WiFi or cellular services?

I recommend subscribing back to that feature from My Verizon, and then going to unsubscribe from your phone. Then double check My Verizon to see if it has already unsubscribed your from that service online. If not, unsubscribe there as well. It may just need you to be an active subscriber to allow the unsubscribe request to go through. Thank you for troubleshooting some of the pther steps you mentioned, jb_153. Keep us posted!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Backup Assistant Plus error lost network
jb_153

Thank you for your response. I went through the process of clearing the cache and data again and then force stopping the program and resetting the phone. This has appeared to have worked for now; I am at least not getting moment-to-moment notifications. Good luck to others experiencing issues with this.

0 Likes