Re: Asurion and Verizon is a joke.
Not applicable

When someone gives you an answer you don't like then they are rude?

Fact of the matter is your device no matter if you paid hundreds and hundreds of dollars is totally worthless if it is broke.

Replacement phones are or were in the same situation. Someone else paid good money for it but it to was broken and unusable so dollar value is zero.

The insurance simply gives you back access to the network. Otherwise you would be complaining you are paying Verizon for service you are not receiving. Its just the way it works.

Once you leave the store with your device and turn it on its considered used. So you are getting a used device for a used device. So you really have no issue.

The insurance states it under how they replace. Even under the manufacturer warranty it states they can send you a refurbished device.

Good Luck

MaXGTS

Asurion has always been a joke.  I always decline their insurance when I buy a new phone.  I use SquareTrade instead.  They don't try and replace your phone with an inferior model.  They simply send you a check for the full amount of the phone so you can go into a Verizon store and buy a brand new one.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You know I was just thinking that if you use Visa or MasterCard or Amex to purchase your device they have an added insurance that doubles the manufacturers warranty and they have an exchange program to get new for new. Just a thought.

Good Luck

Samtheman

I realize this is old, but you needed to talk to the right person at Asurian.  I have had your same issue 3 times.  All 3 times it took me about a dozen calls, and over 5 hours but I finally got an acceptable phone.  I always buy 32GB devices, and they never seem to have them in stock.

1st Device was a 32GB Galaxy S3, they kept trying to give me 16GB.  This was right after the GS4 came out.  Finally after hours and hours, they agreed to let me order a brand new Galaxy S4 32GB from verizon for full retail ($767) and they sent me a check for $667 (the total minus the $100 deductable).

2nd Device was a 32GB Razr, this happened this year, again they did not have it in stock, after hours and several phone calls they sent me a BRAND NEW HTC ONE M8.  The razr was 3 years old.

3rd device just happened last week.  32GB GS4, they did not have in stock, I was offered my choice of Note 3, LG G3 or HTC One M8, I chose the LG G3, and just got it the other day, it was also a BRAND NEW never used unit.

This problem happens with Asurian a lot, and if you let them push you around they will always go with DOWN GRADING you.  Never has it been easy to get an upgrade, when its not our fault they don't have what we PAY THEM TO INSURE in stock.  We are guaranteed a phone within 1 business day, waiting for a back-order is NOT acceptable.

What they should have offered you is ANY Other Android they had in stock OR let you goto Verizon, pay full retail and pay you for it minus your deductible, they call it an "RFP" or something like that might be getting the acronym wrong but its something they do often enough to have an acronym for it!!

Next time ask to speak to Customer solutions department, and then when they answer ask to speak with a supervisor.  Good luck, as I said I have had to call MANY times and spend MANY hours, if the rep won't give you what you want, hang up and get a new one.  You will eventually get one that will do these options I just listed.  Its the luck of the draw.

Also one time they wanted me to sign an affidavit and it delayed getting my phone for 3 days.  Again I fought this with a supervisor in customer solutions and they bypassed that.  Sticking to the "they guarantee a new unit in 1 business day" it even says it on the hold message, that you only wait 1 day for your new phone.

0 Likes
Samtheman

(won't let me edit my original reply so Im adding to it)

BRING UP those points I mentioned above, that they guarantee 1 day, and that you should be offered alternative devices OR you should be able to go buy one and be reimbursed.  I have disqualified some of there choices because of the following missing phone features:

Battery was smaller, screen size was smaller, screen resolution was lower, missing MicroSD card slot, lack of removable battery, storage too low (don't let them offer you a memory card, you can't install android apps on a memory card, and a 16GB phone only gives you 9GB for apps).

0 Likes
Samtheman

No they don't.  If your phone breaks they either repair it or send you a replacement device.  If they don't have it in stock they make you wait up to 1 business day, if they can't get a replacement within one business day, and its not economically feasible to repair the device only than do they send you the money to purchase a new phone.   After reading your post I thought it was a good idea, and just had a nice lengthy talk with a SquareTrade rep going over all the details on how they handle claims.  If I was given wrong information, and you are indeed correct I'd love to know because with how cheap SquareTrade is and what you said is much better than what I was told on the phone.  Waiting for my device to be repaired!? Uh no thanks.

0 Likes
Ddannenbrink
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don’t make a claim. If you do Asurion will literally “own” the rights to your phone.   It will be locked and if for some reason you wanted to change carriers (Comcast has better plans), you CANNOT because Asurion has your phone locked. 

0 Likes