As of Saturday 7/11/15 - Wifi on Note 4 hangs and works stupidly slow.
DMJohn0X

As of Saturday 7/11/15 - Wifi on Note 4 hangs and works stupidly slow. 4G works fantastic. Goto Wifi and suddenly images and videos take several MINUTES to load on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Google Play store. Running Ookla, It takes over a minute to find a server then suddenly finds me a ping of 21 with 25mbps down and 20mbps up. (Not the 75/25 I was getting just a week ago, but still fast enough for anything else im doing.) Loading video on youtube hangs for minutes, then once playing, plays just fine without buffering or stuttering. Downloading an app on google play makes the program hang, showing "Downloading..." but you can tell its still trying to connect to get the file, then the instant it begins downloading, it downloads crazy fast.   For this reason, I'm sure its an issue with hanging... My roommates phone is just fine and my phone was fantastic until saturday. There has been no changes to my modem/router.

Things I've tried:

Resetting Modem
Forgetting and resetting wifi connections on phone.
Factory Resetting Phone
Make sure updated completely
Uninstalled and reinstalled apps that were affected
Removed battery and sim card
tried other wifi connection
disabled mobile data
tried airplane mode with only wifi enabled.
changed from DHCP to Static IP
Changed DNS to google's DNS
Cleared Partition Cache
Loaded into safe mode

And probably more. This issue popped up out of nowhere and I have no freaking clue as to what to do about it.
Please help!

0 Likes
Re: As of Saturday 7/11/15 - Wifi on Note 4 hangs and works stupidly slow.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You came to the right place for assistance DMJohn0X. Let's look into this unique situation together. May I ask what changes, if any, have you noticed on the Note 4 prior to having this issue? Also, what's the exact software and build version do you have on your Note 4? As you share the details then we can troubleshoot.

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: As of Saturday 7/11/15 - Wifi on Note 4 hangs and works stupidly slow.
Shepgolfer

My wife and I are having the same problem on 2 different Notes. Tried multiple routers and settings. We need this fixed. This is a problem whenever I connect to WiFi

0 Likes