Applied the update on Friday. Now the "sound and notification" setting does not work. When i click it i get "Unfortunately, settings has stopped".Please help.
H0llyw00d247
Enthusiast - Level 2

Applied the update on Friday.  Now the "sound and notification" setting does not work.  When i click it i get "Unfortunately, settings has stopped"...  Please help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Applied the update on Friday.  Now the "sound and notification" setting does not work.  When i click it i get "Unfortunately, settings has stopped".Please help.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
It's important that you're able to manage your sound settings, d0u6. I appreciate you testing safe mode. Is this the only setting that receives this error? Since you've already performed these steps, the next step would be a factory reset. Please let us know your results.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Applied the update on Friday. Now the "sound and notification" setting does not work. When i click it i get "Unfortunately, settings has stopped".Please help.
justinl32
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue!!! I thought I was the only one.

Can someone please shed some light on this odd problem we're having?

This started happening after the lollipop update a few days ago on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

Re: Applied the update on Friday.  Now the "sound and notification" setting does not work.  When i click it i get "Unfortunately, settings has stopped".Please help.
d0u6
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here, since  last nights update. Cleared cache, cleared data, problem exists in safemode as well. Any guidance from Verizon or Google  would be appreciated.

Re: Applied the update on Friday. Now the "sound and notification" setting does not work. When i click it i get "Unfortunately, settings has stopped".Please help.
justinl32
Enthusiast - Level 1

Maybe the only way to solve it is to do a factory reset? ><

0 Likes
H0llyw00d247
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm also now getting "low memory error"  all the time and when I check I've got between 300-500mb free.  You guys getting that too?

0 Likes
densparc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same issue also.  Been searching the internet and forums for solutions.  It would be helpful if a tech person would respond in some way and give people information on what's going on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
It's important that you're able to manage your sound settings, d0u6. I appreciate you testing safe mode. Is this the only setting that receives this error? Since you've already performed these steps, the next step would be a factory reset. Please let us know your results.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
H0llyw00d247
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are you actually suggesting that we factory reset our phones, go through the entire upgrade path again, backup and restore all our data, reinstall all our applications and setup our phone again? 

If i am even willing to entertain that solution, do we have the option to defer this upgrade and stick with Kit Kat?  Besides the settings not working, i have many other issues including low memory errors, slowness unlocking the phone, random app crashing etc.

densparc
Enthusiast - Level 2

This info might be helpful.  Found this here: Factory Reset what is it, and why would you? | Android Forums

"A factory reset will also not remove any ROM upgrades or OTA's."

I take that to mean that any upgrades will NOT be lost when performing a factory reset.

densparc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Be sure to back up all your data, however!

0 Likes