Re: Anyone else having Call Quality issues?
Michael_S
Enthusiast - Level 3

mattwr71,

My advice to new purchasers would be to go to a corporate store and have them set it all up for you and try it there. The issue can be checked easily by just calling the phone's voice mail a few times and listening to the quality of those calls. That is what I did on my 3rd pair of Note 3s which had the problem there in the store.

Since you said you "will be receiving" the phone today I assume you ordered it. I have not been able to determine the magic trick to get a good phone. I don't know if it is a particular batch of phones (4 of my phones came from Verizon's West Chester PA warehouse and 2 came from their Ft. Worth TX warehouse). There is also the possibility that it could be a geographical/antenna problem but I experienced the problem as far as a one hour drive from my home and both locations have good 4G LTE reception. The best conversation I had was an hour from my home in the opposite direction where I had only 3G, but it still was slightly distorted.

You do have to your advantage the fact that many phones do not have the problem and many that had the problem the first upgrade fixed.

Hope your luck is better than mine. After this I wouldn't want to go to Las Vegas .

0 Likes
Michael_S
Enthusiast - Level 3

mattwr71,

Just in case you are interested the following is information from a Sprint post who purchased his phone via Amazon. Sprint received their upgrade on Oct. 25th.

" In this conversation with Amazon, they contacted Samsung regarding whether or not the phone had outstanding call quality issues. Samsung got on the line and acknowledged that some phones did not get relief from voice quality issues after the October 25th upgrade. They suggested that the phone be sent to them free of charge at which time they would completely remove the operating system and install the new updated operating system. The rationale is that applying the update on top of the old software causes issues with some phones in some areas. I waited on this, because I wanted to see if the corporate Sprint store could do the same thing and thus I would not be without my phone for the mailing time regarding Samsung. The Sprint corporate store in my area relayed that Samsung had not yet given them the software for their machine to completely remove and then reinstall the note 3 updated software. They recommended that I wait until they have that software so that the phone can be wiped completely and the entire new operating system with updates applied. In this manner, an application of the update would not be being placed on a prior version. "

Note to moderator of this forum: If posting the above violates any forum rules then please leave the following link. It is post number 773

https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/135660?start=765&tstart=0&

0 Likes
mattwr71

Thank you for the information. I did order it directly from Verizon so I'm hoping for some good luck. I've been really excited about this phone for awhile, I hope I am not dissapointed.

0 Likes
Michael_S
Enthusiast - Level 3

mattwr71,

After you receive it and if you have the time let us know if it works ok or not. Also I would be interested in the following information though it is likely to be the same whether it works or not. The information is under Settings->About phone:

Both of my phones are as follows:

Android version 4.3

Baseband version N900VVRUBMJ7

Kernel version 3.4.0  se.infra@R0302-06 #1 Wed Oct 16

Thanks, and best of luck to you! It will be a great phone once this issue is resolved.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

I have the same info as Michael

0 Likes
mattwr71

My info is all the same with no problems whatsoever on call quality.

0 Likes
galaxynotelover77

I am having the same issue as everyone else is on this post. I also agree that it is very annoying to make or receive phone calls. I borrowed a friend's Galaxy Note 2 yesterday to make a call and to my surprise it was very disturbing to realize how clear the voices were on the Note 2 compared to the Note 3. I have been waiting and waiting for the so-called update to fix my voice quality problem. I've contacted Verizon on several occasions about the voice quality issues and still they have no answer or valid solution except to exchange it for another Note 3. I purchased my Note 3 from a Verizon corporate store the exact day it came out and I've been disappointed since day one! I just wonder if Samsung will ever do anything about it?

0 Likes
Michael_S
Enthusiast - Level 3

mattwr71,

Great to hear you are one of the lucky ones, and thanks for taking the time to update us! I wish there was some way to isolate this issue. I don't think it is geographical since fellow poster Romeostune is regionally close to me and I believe the upgrade fixed his problem, but poster cynindesign who is also close still has other issues.

galaxynotelover77,

You may want to change your posting name unless it was based on the Note 2 Smiley Happy. Sorry to hear you have the issue and welcome to our club. I received a promised weekly phone call from the support executive office yesterday, but there is no news on when the second upgrade is due yet.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

I DO???????  I live in Kansas..... Don't you mean Sam Chieftain??? I think he also said he lives in the sticks in OK....or was it you, Michael? 
Don't forget Romeo's tunes says his works fine and he's in your region.....I hope I didn't run him off teasing himSmiley Sad

0 Likes
LShan
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, I think my call quality is better. But my phone is running very hot after the update...   Ready to throw it out of the window.  I hope you all get the new update soon.

0 Likes