Re: Anyone else having Call Quality issues?
Michael_S
Enthusiast - Level 3

As some of you are aware, I still have the distorted call issue even after the upgrade. Just in case there are any of you in the same boat I thought I would pass on this chat I had with Samsung today:

>> Chat transcript removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Well can you summarize or those who are nosey as me Smiley Happy, actually I really want to know .....hey can we private message on this forum or do we have to use email

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, you can DM(direct message) on this forum.

You must first send a "Follow" request to the person you would like to message. They have to accept it. They also have to send a "Follow" request to you, which you have to accept. You can then DM that person.

You can send a "Follow" request by hovering your cursor over their user name and then click on "Follow" in the dialog which opens up.Smiley Happy

Michael_S
Enthusiast - Level 3

I guess I did not read the forum rules fine print since my copy in a previous post of the chat I had with Samsung was deleted by the moderator. I also assumed posting a chat with Samsung instead of Verizon would be ok. Oh well rules are rules.

Let me just say that I had a chat session with Samsung this morning and they said they were aware that the upgrade on Nov. 6th for us and on the Oct. 25th for Sprint did not fix the distorted call issue for ALL customers myself included.

Samsung also said that they are working the issue via yet another upgrade but to date don't know when it will be available for Verizon.

Moderator, I promise to behave better. lol !

Glad the upgrade worked for most of you.

0 Likes
MRWALLABIE
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mike I'm sorry to hear your still having issues.my call quality is 100

times better since the update. Anyone else having issues

0 Likes
SamChieftan

Hi cynindesign,

I would love to get one, but I have absolutely no idea what to get. The iphone I had was 3G only and now that I have 4LTE, I can't seem to figure out what model would actually work good. So many reviews and different types.  Did you find a good model that works for you?  Can you share the make and model; so maybe I can check it out.  I have been looking at figuring a way to get wifi calling working.  The VZ tower is a few miles south of me, as I was directly under it when I was talking with VZW support for the NOTE 3, but having an extender would certainly make my life easier. Thx for any info!

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon has them..... They are made by Samsung... I'm updating to Win 8.1 so I can't check it out for you.   Call Verizon customer support &  ask them.  A year ago,  the new ones were either 199 or 299 &  the refurbished was 99, which is what I have.... No issues, keep me posted.... Or invite "Romeo"  for a beer/food, see if you can't entice him to come to your area and see how his phone works Cyn

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

BTW,  the network extender works with any Verizon phone all it does is provide a clear signal 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Here it is http://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/samsung-network-extender-scs-2u01/?lid=sayt&sayt=samsung%...

New ones are 249 and like I said my refurbished one was 99....worth it to me,  The sad part is they aren't portable, meaning it takes them about 30min to boot up ....so wifi calling would be a better option...if Verizon would do it....

0 Likes
SamChieftan

Wow this is awesome Cyn, really appreciate the link. I will definitely look into this, the reviews are really great too! Thx again.

0 Likes