Re: Anyone else having Call Quality issues?
RomeosTune
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry to hear that.  I do know if you grab one of the Motorola phones your issue will disappear and you'll notice a far superior signal, sound, etc.  That being said, I still enjoy my note and all the features.  I do vow that one day I'm going to try another HTC.  I had better luck with it also.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Well the KNOWN variable is locale, you are too far for me to take an afternoon drive, maybe Romeo could roam down your way or someone else that lives closer to you.....prior to the network extender ....I still think my neighbor's large old  tv satellite caused my problems, he's to the north of me, so is the tower. What about wind generators, can they interfere?

0 Likes
Michael_S
Enthusiast - Level 3

cynindesign,

You may be right but I had the same problem pre-upgrade an hour from here while in the Tulsa corporate store.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2
  1. Well process of elimination....does your phone work or not....that's an unknown variable....
  2. the known variable is my phone works great and so does where for art thou Romeo's works....that's a given.....
  3. so if one of us were in your locale and it worked, you'd know the variable..your phone. 
  4. If a documented working Note3 was in the areas where you have trouble and it has trouble...locale...tower...obstruction, etc. and Verizon would know where to troubleshoot. Just my thoughts....

Sprint sent someone to drive around my neighborhood and there was definitely a problem....I'm sure they have some high end signal equipment to DX the problem.  It just amazes me some of the people in anybody's tech support aren't technical.  I was asked to go on my porch, go in my back yard....like if I got a good signal go there in a hail storm or snow...geeez.

I suspect Sam Chieftain may be in the same boat as you or worse......

0 Likes
RomeosTune
Enthusiast - Level 2

"where for art thou Romeo's"

Lol..... Kind of making me laugh

0 Likes
SamChieftan

Hello Everyone, sorry I couldn't post sooner .... I have that job thing that kept me busy.  I got the software loaded up properly, and everything came back up fine.  I have noticed a 1000 percent quality increase on my phone with conversations. I live in a remote area so the 3G and 4LTE constantly fight with each other, but I was able to actually use my phone without the crazy popping, whizzing and constant dropping. I have conducted a few conversations, and they have been long enough that I actually forgot that I had NOT used the phone aspect of it for close to a month. The sound quality is very subpar compared to the iphone 4 that I had, but the benefits of the Android system and the NOTE 3 make up for that.  Thanks everyone for the great conversations and feedback.  Really great to see that Americans can still talk to one another 🙂

0 Likes
rizzell
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anybody else notice a drop in 4G signal strength after the update?

0 Likes
RomeosTune
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not here

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Glad to hear that! 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

Sam, consider getting Network Extender if you have broad band, I got a refurbished for $99, made all the world of difference....I see "signal boosters" hit the market at Best Buy....seems a person should be able to put an antennae up for a better signal.....

0 Likes