Re: Anyone else having Call Quality issues?
Michael_S
Enthusiast - Level 3

Add me to the list. I ordered two, had both replaced, and then went to a corporate store that had two. So that is six phones with this problem. Verizon support told me they reported the problem to Samsung about ten days ago. I then called Samsung and they said they are working on this issue but had absolutely no clue as to a date that it would be resolved. VERIZON, CAN YOU RESOLVE THIS ISSUE WITH THE REMOTE VOCODER SETTINGS METHODOLOGY THAT SPRINT CUSTOMERS ARE ENJOYING! It would be nice to be able to make a phone call even if it is a temporary solution.

cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

I live in a black hole for cell phone coverage, I think it's the old large TV satellite to the north next door....every one says "no".  There are no tall buildings, I live in a small house in a mid size city in the mid west.... but w/  Sprint and Verizon both there were issues of dropped calls.  I could understand it if I lived out in the sticks, but I'm in a residential district.  Last year I ended up buying a refurbished Network Extender which helped considerably...I've talked to tech supp many times that T-Mobiles S3 & S4 both I know of has wifi calling, and it works GREAT.  Anyway this fall it seemed I was having a rash of missed calls, I'd get notices of messages left, but the GNex didn't ring nor were there any new calls in my call log....September was a bad time for me, there was loud static like when you hit "0" on your TV remote.  I couldn't upgrade until Jan 1, 2014, and I determined to get the Note 3 by installment plan the day it came out.  I LOVE this phone no issues, calls are clear and none missed or dropped that I'm aware of.  The downside of the network extender, you can't take it w/ you like you can a jet pack.....which would make wifi calling a breeze.  My daughter lives upstate Maine, no carrier's towers cover that section where there are a lot of tall trees and hills.   I know Samsung could do a firmware update to add the feature, come on Verizon, just look at the GNex section of the forum and see the bad voice issues.

0 Likes
jtown
Contributor - Level 3

This thing that amazes me (not really) about this situation is that Verizon is still running Note 3 commercials.  Just saw that Halloween commercial again that pushes the Note 3 and Gear.  I know their advertising is set up well in advance but surely they've got other 30 second spots they could substitute that don't promote a defective product.  This phone's been out for two weeks and, unless there's some serious corporate incompetence, the suits have been aware of the problem since day 2 or 3.  The media should have been swapped for generic spots a week ago.

At least they finally stopped splashing it as the first thing shown on the verizonwireless.com website.

0 Likes
Michael_S
Enthusiast - Level 3

Folks over on the Sprint community forum are reporting they received an OTA android update this morning that has fixed their phones.

macie48
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hopefully that will be coming our way too as well.  Last weekend, I went to my local Verizon store and the rep confirmed it is a known issue and they are working on a fix for it.  He did say it may not come for another month or so, but at least it will come at some point.  The fact that Sprint has isolated the issue and fixed it may help Verizon figure out what the issue is and get the rest of us up and running properly.

0 Likes
SamChieftan

Just a note, I tried to use my phone today and could NOT conduct a conversation without asking for the person to repeat themselves dozens of times. I am in Dallas, Texas so I went back to a local Verizon Wireless store, and I was going to again exchange the phone/sim or whatever so that I could have the phone semi functional. The representative at the store listened to my concerns, and said he remembered me, and he stated that Verizon Wireless was AWARE of the call issues and that they would have an update hopefully in 4 or 5 days.  He was very professional, kind and accomodating.  He asked me if I wanted to be patient for a few more days until the update or if I wanted to try and exchange the phone again.  I said, I would be patient, as that is ALL I needed was someone to just acknowledge that something was being looked into. Sometimes many of us forget 'WE" are the customers. I understand legalities and liabilties, whatever each of us does in our everyday lives is great, but when we have an $800.00 phone that doesn't work, we just don't want to get the run around, we would just like to hear that someone is looking into it, and will take care of us.  I am satisfied to wait a few more days. EVERY Verizon representative has been friendly, professional and helpful. Thank You. Hopefully the update will be soon.  As this is a Verizon Wireless site, it may be nice if a monitoree of the site could maybe confirm a possible update and ease the mind(s) of everyone on this forum ... Thank You.

0 Likes
cynindesign
Contributor - Level 2

I still think wifi calling would be a big solution in the meantime

0 Likes
The_Chemist
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just bought the Verizon Samsun Galaxy Note 3 yesterday from my local Verizon store. I'm happy to report that my particular unit does not have the call quality issues. The voice is loud and clear.   There must be some kind of pattern as to which units are affected.

My phone however, can barely get a signal in a less than perfect signal area. The RF performance is very poor!  Where my old Droid Bionic would have no issues, the GN3 loses 4G LTE, constantly switches between 4G and 3G and has network connection issues. At work, where my Bionic used to shine, the GN3 is barely functional.  Very disappointing for a $800 phone!

0 Likes
ghoststory
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon, when will you push this update to us?

Biggest and best cellular network in the US? Come on! Get busy and provide this update!!!!

0 Likes
SamChieftan

Just a quick question? How do you do wifi calling? Are you using a program like skype or voip? Or is there a way like T-Mobile to connect to a wireless network and make cell calls?

0 Likes