Re: 5.1.1 on Note 4???
Lighthouse1201
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've done several master resets, along with everything else possible and it hasn't fixed the numerous bugs with my Note 4 ever since that update so long ago messed it up.  I have battery problems...severe...when I get down to 40% my phone starts cycling itself on and of repeatedly.  GPS issues like crazy.  Nothing fixes it.  Tried everything.  Some BT bugs, phone call bugs, and every other bug being reported I have also.  Just tired and frustrated.  The fix was released from Samsung months ago with vs 5.1.1 and other carriers have it on their Note 4's ... it was released to them over a month ago!  What the heck is going on?  Where's our update?!  My phone worked flawless for 2 months when I first got it.  Ever since, the update ruined it, and still no Verizon release not far from a year later!?  Unacceptable.  Blame whoever you want, it's just ridiculous that this is all hush hush and you blame Samsung or Google, and they blame you and blah blah blah but you all pretend that you don't know when a release will be out or even what version of the release...5.1.1 or 6.0, etc.  It's dumb and unfortunately even though I've been with Verizon for 15 years, I'm highly considering moving our 3 lines to AT&T.  At least they update months sooner...whoever "they" are is irrelevant, I want a fix...period.

Lighthouse1201
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately we're just a drop in the bucket to them...but those drops will add up quickly with this practice of theirs.

0 Likes
Mizzou1972
Enthusiast - Level 1

When are we going to get 5.1.1 or 6.0 for the Note 4? The 5.0.2 update had so many bugs and my understanding is the 5.1.1/6.0 should resolve majority of the issues at hand. I agree with everyone on this community forum. Verizon should be a little more transparent when it comes to updates on their network. I do not expect exactly details but a little assurance from the carrier I am giving my business to would be appreciated. I use my phone for work and pleasure. I  no longer have a landline so I rely on mobile phone for everything; therefore I would expect to have top quality service for my mobile device. I am considering to switch here soon. I know the management there does not care about retention...because all their ads are geared towards new customers.....but when your customers are treated poorly they will leave. Get it together Verizon!!!

0 Likes
Toxicle
Enthusiast - Level 3

At this point people should just understand that Verizon doesn't care about retention, as many others have stated. Various people on this forum have tried, for some insane reason, to defend Verizon, yet at the end of the day everything just shows Verizon couldn't care less about us.

Verizon claims to be the largest and most supported, yet is now 100% the dead last carrier to supply 5.1.1 to models that need it, including our Note 4.

They can't even say if we're evening getting the 5.1.1, or just moving on to 6.0, which is a terrible idea, seeing as how we most likely wouldn't even see that, at the earliest, next summer, with how Verizon has been with our updates.

They're responses to our many problems with 5.0.1 have ranged from pointless, to outright idiotic. After what, half a year? Since 5.1.1 started rolling out, everyone has at the very least tried a factory reset - yet that's they're answer to everything. I get that they don't know how to fix actual issues and just have a 'schtick' they have to read, but come on, at least try and be helpful. Other responses in other threads in this forum have even been in the form of 'We know you're waiting on the update, because updates are exciting!'. Seriously?

On top of support for our Note 4, overall they are just terrible. They tell you to tweet at their customer service, and I did that - along with the other 3 large carriers at the same time. AT&T, TMobile, and Sprint all responded to me within *minutes*, yet Verizon did not even say a single thing, and this was days ago. You would assume if they cared, they would at least *try*, but apparently that's beyond them.

I would just say this to anyone - just leave Verizon. The other carriers all get updates quicker, and Google Fi is fantastic. As soon as I have the extra money to break contract - which is ridiculous by the way, that I have to break contract and pay money to get just a properly working phone - I'll be switching to them. Dozens of others have left as well. And yet Verizon is still quiet about not just this issue, but all of them.

And if Verizon sees this and responds, I'll most likely get asked if I've tried factory resets or uninstalling apps. Months and months of trying to deal with these issue of 5.0.1 and they keep suggesting the same things, over and over. It's just sad at this point.

0 Likes
Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

I bought a nexus 6 and put it on Fi and have never been happier.  They updated it 5 times in the first couple of days am now on 6.0 Marshmallow.  The phone works great and the only time it got warm is during the downloading of the 706 MB for the updates.  And I have more or equal signal bars where I travel.  I'm a happy camper...  I will try to sell the note if they ever update it to make it salable. Right now it is a brick more or less....

0 Likes
khoaiii

keep on dreaming of 5.1.1.

i am so mad at verizon. my note 4 becomes a piece of crap with 5.0

0 Likes
Chapman1969
Contributor - Level 1

Very will said. And yes verizon has been doing nothing about the problem us

note 4 owner's have been having they are doing nothing but pushing there

customers away and all the bad reviews that Verizon is getting on the note

4 why would new customers come to Verizon to have problems like we are

just do the right thing verizon and fix are note 4's

ShadowT
Enthusiast - Level 1

It would be great if they decrypted the boot loader too. At least we could get the features we need without the bloat ware. Too much internal memory is their crapware.

0 Likes
cchamp77
Contributor - Level 1

I know this will not make us any happier with verizon and the 5.1.1 update but I just read and saw a video of a galaxy note 4 running android 6.0 ota update from samsung on and unlocked phone in Hungry. The note 4 picked up the note 5 screen write and new upgraded air command menu.

Android 6.0 Marshmallow OTA Update Arrives For Samsung Galaxy Note 4; Will Galaxy Note 5 Receive And...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's a leaked update and isn't complete from all the places that shared the leaked files.  It's use at your own discretion.

0 Likes