Chapman1969
Contributor - Level 1

Did you see where droid life posted on there site that the verizon lgg3 is

getting 5.1.1 update from verizon

0 Likes
Re: 5.1.1 on Note 4???
Snn5
Legend

Isn't that weird?  The G2 got 5.0.2 before the G3 got 5.0.1.

0 Likes
Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

And here it is mid-October and it still isn't out...

0 Likes
UmX
Enthusiast - Level 3

And this is why i am getting rid of my note 4 and moving on to a Nexus 6P.. My brothers Nexus 5 already has 6.0 on it.. And i cant even get 5.1.1. although i am done with verizon after this....

nedjones
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, I think I'm gonna go the same route. Plus with nexus you can just

update to the newest release yourself.

Jhahn01
Contributor - Level 1

Waiting on a 6P  Then put in for Google's Fi network...  Goodbye Samsung and Verizon. 

rcschnoor
Legend

Personally, I have a 5X on order to try with Project Fi.

Snn5
Legend

I'll be very interested in hearing about your experience with Fi.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I will be interested in how well it works, moving back/forth from Sprint/T-Mobile depending on strength of signal. That and wifi calling.

Interestingly enough, the main reason I am trying this out is for the international aspect. My daughter will be spending the spring in Belgium for school and I thought this would be a fairly inexpensive way to keep in touch with her while there, instead of using her Verizon phone and going thru having her change the SIM card to a local one when she gets there.Smiley Happy

Lighthouse1201
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just want to know are we even getting 5.1.1 or 6.0?  Which one, and when?  Why is this a secret?  Give an approx date (within a couple weeks accuracy)  Why is Verizon and Samsung have to act like they don't know or can't say?  It's very disappointing all the bugs I have on my Note 4, 2 months after owning a flawless Note 4!  Then the update came that messed it up.  Then not far from a year later, still no fix?!  Even though the fix came out months ago, and other networks have updated over a month ago?!  Why not us?  I'm very tempted to switch our 3 lines to AT&T even though I've been with Verizon for about 15 years!  Sad.