Re: 32 Days: CS apathetic, empty promises, incompetence = no return kit
glackley
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you Kathy65793 for the feedback, very much appreciated

amberk_vzw
Verizon Employee
Dbeak-

Yikes, that is not the experience that we strive to provide. I'd like to help turn things around. I sent you a private message to your community inbox, please reply there so we can provide more personalized support.

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dbeak
Contributor - Level 1

Woo Hoo!!! Today after waiting a month for a fireproof box I received TWO of them! LOL! Guess that's what happens when you are forced to call Verizon multiple times for the same issue and no one has an answer as to what's going on!  At this point my son will be home from college with the phone in a week and a half so it doesn't make sense for me to forward the box to him.  I asked Verizon to note on my acct that I  will be ship the phone back to them as soon as he gets home and I can FINALLY put this to rest.

glackley
Enthusiast - Level 3

Congratulations Ddeak!!!!I actually sent a hot note to the FAA over the first class label, and had a 2 hour interview by a TV station over the label and box issue.

BTW After Verizon told me there was nothing they could do for me, I went to the local store for the 6th time, and they just received hazmat containers for the Note 7. Told me to bring it in and they would keep it. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

glackley
Enthusiast - Level 3

Last followup!

The FAA forwarded my information regarding the First Class Label to the US Postal inspector Service (who had it too, it just did not get to the person who needed it).The USP inspector for hazardous materials called me after contacting Verizon. I sent all my documents to them to continue looking into this serious matter, but the USPS said no more first class labels should be sent out by Verizon.

My last contact with Verizon was Nov 6th, 17 days ago when "Jeremy" told me there was nothing Verizon could do for me. Oddly enough, soon after the postal inspector talked with Verizon, a representative called me, not with customer service, and sent me the return kit overnight. FINALLY!

It was 6 weeks.

Good luck everyone.

MECHDILO
Enthusiast - Level 3

Awesome and kudos to you for involving USPS to make things happen. Im glad it was resolved.

Everyone is having similar issues, I received a bubble padded envelope to return two note 7s after I found a corporate store to take the phones back.

What ever happen to better safe than sorry? I know you did your due diligence but this will totally fall on Verizon if something bad were to occur as they refused to accept the phones in store for the 2nd recall and they were the ones who were suppose send the return boxes and appropriate labels to their customers!

glackley
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you! The time involved in 7 weeks of returning my Note 7 was unbelievable.

Don't know if putting the USPS Inspector's (hazardous Materials) phone # and name is allowed here...but their phone # is easily found. They would be interested in your info.

I think my story is about to be aired on a local TV station too. Not looking for any publicity, just think Verizon really crossed the line, especially after seeing the real box! (fireproof return kit) WOW!

Not only is it lined with ceramic fiber sheets, it had a pouch with specific DOT hazardous material permits to accompany the box during shipment, plus warnings on the box too.