Will people get a message if my phone is out of minutes?
rootek913
Enthusiast - Level 2

If someone sends me a text before I load more time to my prepaid account will they get a message showing that I was unable to receive their text?  Will I get it once I load more time to my account?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Do people get a message if my phone is out of minutes
Snn5
Legend

They shouldn't receive an error, since they will have sent it, but their service has nothing to do with the other phone receiving.  It will just be an unanswered text.  Just like if you sent a message to an out-of-order cellphone.  You just get nothing in response.  It isn't like a phone call where you have to maintain a connection:  texts are send stop, receive stop, reply stop, etc....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

They should see a sent confirmation, but probably not a received confirmation, because your phone cannot receive messages, meaning it cannot send a "read receipt" either.

0 Likes
rootek913
Enthusiast - Level 2

That makes sense so they will still be able to send them to me though and won't get any type of failed message?

Thanks

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

They shouldn't receive an error, since they will have sent it, but their service has nothing to do with the other phone receiving.  It will just be an unanswered text.  Just like if you sent a message to an out-of-order cellphone.  You just get nothing in response.  It isn't like a phone call where you have to maintain a connection:  texts are send stop, receive stop, reply stop, etc....

0 Likes