Will I have to pay another activation fee to switch devices on my prepaid plan?
sdhartm

I recently attained an iPhone 4, and activated it on the $60/Month Smartphone plan. I remember having to pay a fee for activating that phone on that plan. I would like to change over to a DROID device, and am wondering if I would have to repay another activation fee to switch devices, yet retain the phone number. Can anybody help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Prepaid Plan Activation Fees
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello sdhartm,

I can absolutely help you with your activation fee question. Activation fees are only charged when you start new service. Changing phones on a number you already have will not incur an activation fee. You can complete the change to a different device on your own by logging on to My Verizon. Have a good afternoon.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello sdhartm,

I can absolutely help you with your activation fee question. Activation fees are only charged when you start new service. Changing phones on a number you already have will not incur an activation fee. You can complete the change to a different device on your own by logging on to My Verizon. Have a good afternoon.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

punkbrutus
Enthusiast - Level 2

So you don't charge for changing devices.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi punkbrutus,

I completely understand wanting things to be clear. When switching phones/devices on the same number, there is no activation fee. Keep in mind that switching from a basic phone to a smartphone would add a required data package (and vice versa- going from a smartphone to a basic phone removes any data package).

ElizabethE_VZW

0 Likes
punkbrutus
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm trying to change my device to android from a pantech phone under $50/mo prepaid with unlimited txt/talk and 1gig data; however, it is not letting me change it.  I have no problem paying extra, but the "change device" should be easier. 

0 Likes
punkbrutus
Enthusiast - Level 2

it's also not letting me change / upgrade prepaid plan?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi punkbrutus - Let's get you up and running on your new device! The $50 Smatphone Prepaid plan is currently available to our customers through our retail stores and Telesales only. Visit http://www.vzw.com/storelocator or call us at 800-2-JOININ!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
1Bubear6

Hi, I'm cheryl russell.

Russell. I have a new A71 5GBought it for my husband.  Sales man at Walmart Verizon said I don't need to be charged again for exchanging one new phone for another. To wave the activation fee 

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes