Re: Why is Verizon having issues with activating prepaid accounts since 10/5?
asd401

Congratulations - gives me hope someday I will get mine fixed. I thought I found a good person on Monday, they even gave me their phone number. Alas, they stopped responding to me (I treat them with respect)....so I am about to start from scratch again. Do you know if the person that helped you worked in the Prepaid group or Corporate?

0 Likes
the_blur
Enthusiast - Level 3

I spoke with the prepaid customer service.. but I think it largely relied on the 'technical support' department which created a new account and added the new device on.  I don't know all the details of your situation but it can pay to sit on hold for the 30 minuets it takes to get a rep, 10 minuets to explain the situation and then another 20 to probably get a manager involved since the reps have a limited amount of things they can perform.

I think patience is the key as this en devour consumed a lot of my valuable time and had it not been that I wasn't working at the time I think I would still be dealing with the issue.

I agree, treating customer service agents is THE BEST way to achieve anything.  Working in a customer support role for over twenty years I know how it works, if you are angry/irate you will get no help.. if you explain the situation and the rep understands you and the situation they are more likely to help.  Although unfortunately not every rep is competent and knows how to use the system, it all depends on how the company prepares them for their job.

0 Likes
asd401

Yes, need to have patience. After 10 days of trying I finally got someone who easily re-activated my post-pay account with my established phone number. Barely even took 10 minutes. There is lots of room for improvement on Verizon Customer Service. I had in total around 15 phone calls, was inexplicably disconnected on hold 3 times, was re-routed on hold 3 times and in total several hours on the phone and of course no phone service for 10 days. Getting response through the web forum was impossible, and no access on to Live Chat. It's not like Verizon is a new company.....

0 Likes