Where is the USA prepaid and roaming coverage map?
snoqvalleygirl

There has always been a prepaid coverage map, at least until last I checked sometime in 2017.  The prepaid coverage map noted the roaming areas in dark red.  As of 12/26/18, there is still at least one link referencing this map, under "Prepaid Plans and Service FAQ", under "General Information", then under item number 2, "Where can I use my prepaid service?". Here is the link:

Prepaid Plans and Service FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Prepaid service is available in the Prepaid Rate and Coverage Area. To see where prepaid service is available:

1. Go to our Interactive coverage map.
  2. Tap or click the Menu icon in the top left corner of the map.
  3. Select Prepaid.

The directions state to go to the coverage map and select "prepaid", however there is no such selection available.  The coverage map is only the 4G LTE map, where the map legend states "the white areas are for non-LTE", however that's most likely not entirely true, as the map shows almost all of Alaska as white, and I know for a fact that Verizon hardly covers anything in Alaska.

WHERE IS THE PREPAID AND ROAMING COVERAGE MAP?  I would like to see areas depicted in the USA where roaming is going to occur.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Where is the USA prepaid and roaming coverage map?
santoc_vzw
Verizon Employee

tickledpink, it is always important to know what to expect when it comes to coverage and possible roaming rates.  I apologize for the steps that were provided regarding how to check the coverage map.  At this time we do not have an interactive map.  You can only view one when purchasing a new phone.  I have escalated this up so it can be addressed.  I am here to help and get you all the answers you need.  When it comes to roaming you will know if you are roaming by an indicator on top of the device.  What zip codes are you having concerns about, so I can check those areas?

SantoC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
snoqvalleygirl

Hello,

I would like an interactive map, like you've always had. Then I have a good idea, always, of where roaming could be, BEFORE I get there. The roaming map isn't perfect, I know, but it's very impractical to email Verizon customer service with zip codes and ask about roaming. I've been a prepaid customer for a number of years and have found the roaming map very useful. It should not have been removed from the website. Please let me know when the roaming map is available again.

Thank you

Amy

0 Likes
ryanm_vzw
Verizon Employee

I can understand waning to know where we have coverage, tickledpink. We appreciate the many years of service with us and I'm happy to shed some light on this. To clarify, our Prepaid plans share the same coverage as our Postpaid plans an you can view the map (while not interactive) here: https://vz.to/2CHw32o We will be sure to lift up the feedback about an interactive map for further review. Does this help? Also, what zip code in Alaska where you looking for coverage in?

Ryan_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
snoqvalleygirl

No, sorry this does not help. There is the same coverage, but prepaid has roaming areas and postpaid does not. At least that's the way it's always been. Please let me know when you can either email me a prepaid coverage map that depicts roaming areas, AND/OR when you will be posting this map on your website. You still have links on your website that state such a map exists, but when you click on the link, the map doesn't show.

Thank you

Amy

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This thread might help explain what happened to the coverage map. Where is the Verizon searchable coverage map?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd like to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, tickledpink. Feedback has been submitted regarding the map. You can stay up to date with any changes to the map here, http://spr.ly/6580EzcRO;

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
samirsingh

I read this post and had a same problem. Does it mean that when you are in the "white" areas, you would not be able to make calls ? in the map it says, it a not "LTE" area, but as i understand, it would be served by lower service as 3g and i should be able to make calls ? I am referring to prepaid service here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to ensure that everything is looking ok for you, samirsingh. So we may do so, we are going to send you a Private Note to discuss this further.

0 Likes