What are the costs associated with the $45 prepaid plan?
GZRX
Contributor - Level 3

Soon out of contract,  I'm considering the $45 prepaid plan.  Could someone please enlighten me as to the actual monthly costs?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: prepaid costs
ndkeeler83
Enthusiast - Level 2

The total cost will depend on which state you live in.  I live in PA and pay $49.35 total for the $45/month prepaid plan.  $45 (talk/text/data) + $1.65 (PA 911 fee) + $2.70 (PA 6% sales tax).

View solution in original post

WayneX9
Enthusiast - Level 2

$45

ndkeeler83
Enthusiast - Level 2

The total cost will depend on which state you live in.  I live in PA and pay $49.35 total for the $45/month prepaid plan.  $45 (talk/text/data) + $1.65 (PA 911 fee) + $2.70 (PA 6% sales tax).

GZRX
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks, I had known that $45 was the advertised cost.  What I wasn`t finding on the Verizon site was the full extent of applicable gotchas and prices associated with them. 

0 Likes
WayneX9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry about that, forgot about the 911 fee and State sales tax. Having paid 2 months in advance when I started the plan and those costs are not noted in 'My Verizon' payment history, only the base plan cost, but they were paid on my first invoice when I bought the phone/plan.

https://www.nena.org/?page=911RateByState

0 Likes
Msmphb
Enthusiast - Level 1

California just started collecting fees this year, so I now pay $49 and change on the $45 plan. And now that I have 3 gb of data, I consider this a wonderful value!

0 Likes