Website Fail. Chargeback or fix?
krypterro1

We signed up a co-worker for a new Verizon Unlimited account via the web site and got all the way through the check-out with the phone number selected being 214-608-XXXX. So the Area Code and Prefix is in the receipt we got after payment, but not the last 4-digits. Now, we can't activate without the phone number, we can't get into the Verizon support without the phone number, and we couldn't even sign-up for Community Forum to complain without the number on that account, so I am using my login to post here. Does anyone have any idea how we can get Verizon to fix this issue, or should we just have our company file a charge-back for the transaction and be done with it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Website Fail. Chargeback or fix?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Krypterro1, we know that having full details is important with that new line. Please review the private message that we have sent so that we may assist.

Loren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
krypterro1

Thanks for the swift private message. However, this is regarding a pre-paid account, and that's the point, there seems to be no support options for any transactions for a pre-paid account.

0 Likes
krypterro1

Okay, the reason we paid online was so we could turn the device up immediately, that was on 6/26. Now here we are 10 days later and it's still not up yet. After we finally got a tiny response from "support" today via PM, they've gone dark on us for 12 hours  Smiley Sad Is there a "right way" to sign-up for service so these things don't happen? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The community forum has two sign up options. One through your MyVerizon account and the other through a community only ID login.

The prepaid customer service number is 1.888.294.6804.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
krypterro1

Ah, I didn't realize there was such a number. Thank you very much, I am sure this will help.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

krypterro1 wrote:

Ah, I didn't realize there was such a number. Thank you very much, I am sure this will help.

It was readily available under the Contact Us link at the top of every Verizon Wireless web page. Contact Us | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Krypterro1, thank you so much for reaching out to us here. I want to make sure that you were able to get the number finally activated. Ann154 did provide the correct number to reach our prepaid team over the phone. Were you able to speak with an agent from that department? Please keep us posted on the outcome.

Kevin_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
krypterro1

Spent hours on the phone yesterday with support, was transferred numerous times, and now we are told that no one can find any record of our new order, in spite of the fact that we have a receipt and Welcome email from Verizon, with Order ID and Location Code. So that's $82.69 gone. So we tried to just sign up the device again and that failed with a Try Back Later. Sorry, but we will be buying no future service from Verizon for any reason.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching back out to us krypterro1. It disappoints me to hear about your experience over the phone. We don't want you to lose any money over this and always want signing up for service to go nice and smooth. I have Prepaid access, let's double-check a few things. Please check your Inbox for my Private Message.

Ryan_VZW

0 Likes