Voicemail greeting is gone after phone moved to PrePay
Halicki
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the past 6 years, I have had a PostPay Verizon account with a special recorded VoiceMail Greeting.  This greeting was very special to me because it was recorded by a family member.  I have had multiple Apple phones, the special greeting, and any messages always moved to the new phone.  We decided to change plans to PrePay and the customer service rep told me "everything" would move from my PostPay account to the new PrePay account, (same phone and number).  Everything moved but not the greeting did NOT!  

Calling back to support, Verizon support said they would check with technical support but they never call back.  So.. after being on the phone multiple times, trying to get Verizon people in PrePay to Talk to Verizon people in PostPay - with no success, I thought I would try the community.   Any ideas?     

Sandy - LKN, NC
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail greeting is gone after phone moved to PrePay
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on recently migrating from our prepaid service to our postpay service! Ensuring that your voicemail greeting stays intact is very important. We're sorry to hear that the special greeting you previously recorded while subscribing to our prepaid service, didn't transfer to your postpay service. I apologize that you haven't received a call back from our Technical Support team to assist you with resolving this matter. Let's work together here. During the migration from prepay to postpay, was your mobile number changed? Is there a current greeting in place for your voicemail? Have there been any changes with the device you're currently using? (e.g., another device being used, software update, new apps downloaded, etc.) - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes