Verizon Prepaid plan
SWINDLED

Just wanted to express my frustration and anger about Verizon prepaid scam.  I have a prepaid plan for $70 a month.  I was told that all I would pay is $70.  Just went online to pay my monthly payment and they added $7 in taxes and fees.  Why did this just start?  Why now?  Last month my payment was $70.  Verizon wireless is a racket. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Prepaid plan
SWINDLED

Verizon Wireless is a racket.  They tell you your bill will be x amount every month and then after a few months they raise it.  They tell you it's taxes and fees but it's just a scam.  They know if they tell you your bill is more because of taxes and fees, you'll pay it.  They lie.  It's plain and simple, they lie to you.  I was told my monthly payment would be $70 a month.  Now they've raised it by $7. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/796434  Been in effect for quite sometime.

0 Likes
MMoore2851

I prepay $100 per year and usually forfeit about $80 since I rarely use my phone. It expires after 1 year.

I tried to make a call and received the message tha my balance is $0 and I need to add more money.

I added $100 only to find that my new balance is $179.

Do you think Verizon will refund the last payment?

They gave me a number for prepaid accts. but there was no option for talking with a live agent.

You can't do it through the chat line.

0 Likes
Catbird9
Contributor - Level 2

I've been on that same plan for several years.

Your balance was $179 because they rolled your unused balance into the new year of service. As long as you add money to the account before the year is up, you will keep your unused balance. If you had not added money, you would have forfeited the $79. In my opinion, for $8.33 a month, it is the best pay-as-you-go plan available for light talk/text users.

heather2522

I am sick of verizons plans. I paid less through virgin mobile and got unlimited data and through verizon i am told that i am to dumb to work my smart phone... seriously looking for something else that will work in my area.

0 Likes