Re: Unlimited data has no Mobile Hotspot!
BrettEdmonds
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is such a joke. I switched to the 70 dollar plan and lost my hotspot so I called back and said switch me back to the 50 dollar plan so I can have my hotspot back and they say they have some policy where you can only change your plan 1 time a month. So stupid they love taking your money but as for helping you out? Policy says no.
I hate this joke of company so much they run this phone thing like nazi Germany

Unlimited data has no Mobile Hotspot!
tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

Okay Lets get a few things correct here. First and most important is no one has given a correct answer to this thread. How user @TanishaS_VZW  got the correct answer is a mystery. 

Now the new Loyalty Unlimited plan does allow hot spot for 5 dollars a month with a limit at 10 Gig. So it is true Verizon wireless employs out sourced phone scam people who think people in the United States are stupid. 

Social Economics effects both the employee and employer. There should be a stander plan. Unlimited is impossible. Reasonable is possible. 

Social Econ Plan.

no cap voice in areas where possible.

no cap txt

no cap data with throttle limits. 

25 gig full throttle data for hotspot. Only counted when hotspot is active.

$50

cstardi
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is why they are crooks!!!’

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want anyone to feel this way about us. In the same way that some Customers may want the feature, others will appreciate an option that does not include paying for hotspot access. This is why there are more Unlimited Packages to choose from. If you have any questions on our plans and services before making a purchase, we are always here to answer any questions you may have. 

VZW_Robert

0 Likes
KRambo
Enthusiast - Level 1

This was a complete customer fraud job here with me.  I went in the store for a completely different issue and The Verizon Sales Consultant said EVERYTHING WAS THE SAME with this new plan and I should switch.  I declined several times and he assured me that it was exactly the same.  Complete lie, NO HOTSPOT which I am required to use for work. Very questionable business practices and I intend to have an attorney involved because I am tires of the garbage from Verizon. My previous UNLIMITED plan was just fine and HAD HOT SPOT!  I am beyond upset with Verizon.  I am petitioning my company to go to ATT or someone else for their telecom needs (about 500 employees).  I will win this one way or another!  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want you lose out on any features that you use, and want to clarify how plan changes work. We would never change your plan without you, or the Account Owner's consent. Anytime a plan change is made it is done with the authorization of the Account Owner, or one of the assigned Account Managers. We also provide any important plan information for your plan along with the device information and receipt you receive when you upgrade in store. Please reach out to us, and we would be more than happy to help you review your documents, and help get you on the right plan for your needs.

AlfredoR_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@tbint62 wrote:

Okay Lets get a few things correct here. First and most important is no one has given a correct answer to this thread. How user @TanishaS_VZW  got the correct answer is a mystery. 

I believe the Original Poster (you) have the option to mark/toggle a post as ANSWERED.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Only the original poster or an administrator or moderator would have the ability to mark a post as the answer. If an administrator had marked it and the original poster doesn't agree with that answer, the original poster can change which post is marked as the answer. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

StaceA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am beyond disappointed in Verizon. I was ready to upgrade to Share Unlimited, when I discovered that I would lose mobile hotspot. I RARELY use the mobile hotspot feature, but when I do, it's because it's an emergency. My frustration with Verizon is in you charging an additional $45/mo. for three lines, for a basic unlimited plan, while removing features on my existing plan. Why are you charging so much more, if you're going to take away existing features? I can see trading out features for the same amount of money, but charging that much more only to remove features. No. That is not right. Also, I don't care about "Free" Disney+, Discovery+, etc. for 6 months. There's no such thing as "free" and six months? Give me a break. Verizon needs to design packages that actually work for people instead of throwing "perks" into a package, that are not wanted and are unneeded while taking away necessary elements. This is a good way to have me finally leave the provider we've used for 16 years. 

CaddyG
Enthusiast - Level 1

There is zero reason to charge for the "feature" that is hardware embedded in the phone period. You are plain and simply charging extra for the same data. It should not matter what method was used to transmit the data that was already paid or charged for.

I'm not so sure what is so difficult to grasp about this other than being in denial about the shady company you chose to work for.

The other poster summed it up accurately calling you crooks. All telecoms, especially Verizon in my experience.

I honestly don't get how you have been legally getting away with double dipping for so long. I suspect the people that really care just bypass it and use it anyway so no one has really raised enough stink about it.

Verizon are thieves plain and simple. So eager to take your money and act like gangsters if your a day late, yet when it actually comes to providing what people pay for you seemingly can't care less other than canned responses.