Switching postpaid to prepaid
conamante2

I am trying to switch from postpaid to prepaid, but am having trouble with my phone numbers.  The chat agent told me that I could keep my phone numbers, but I would have to sign up for prepaid service and get new phone numbers - then after it is activated I could contact customer care and they would switch the numbers to my old postpaid phone numbers.

Anyone have experience with this?  I want to make sure that this is correct before signing up.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Switching postpaid to prepaid
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@conamante2 wrote:

I am trying to switch from postpaid to prepaid, but am having trouble with my phone numbers.  The chat agent told me that I could keep my phone numbers, but I would have to sign up for prepaid service and get new phone numbers - then after it is activated I could contact customer care and they would switch the numbers to my old postpaid phone numbers.

Anyone have experience with this?  I want to make sure that this is correct before signing up.

Thanks.

You should be able to call the prepaid customer service number at 1.888.294.6804 or the prepaid telesales number and they can help you through the process to transfer your postpaid account including the phone numbers to a prepaid account. You should NOT have to get temporary phone numbers on prepaid before porting your regular phone numbers to prepaid. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.