Switching from Droid Maxx HD to Droid Turbo on Prepaid
e_93
Enthusiast - Level 2

To upgrade phones but stay on the Prepaid plan, is it as simple as swapping SIMs? I called the local Verizon dealer and they wanted to charge me $30 to 'activate' a new phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switching from Droid Maxx HD to Droid Turbo on Prepaid
e_93
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had to buy a new SIM card as they were different sizes between the two phones. Do not go to a store to have the phone activated, the one I got my SIM from told me they would have to start a new 'plan' (new month- losing out on what I paid for half of the current month) unless I called and had customer service activate it. That's what I did and the phone was activated in a few minutes with the SIM # and an identification # from the new phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

e_93,

That's a great question! We're glad to hear that you'll be upgrading and staying with the VZW family.  You should be able to utilize the same SIM card in the new device, but I'd suggest reaching out to the Prepaid department for any further assistance; 888-294-6804. Let us know if you need anything else!

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
e_93
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had to buy a new SIM card as they were different sizes between the two phones. Do not go to a store to have the phone activated, the one I got my SIM from told me they would have to start a new 'plan' (new month- losing out on what I paid for half of the current month) unless I called and had customer service activate it. That's what I did and the phone was activated in a few minutes with the SIM # and an identification # from the new phone.

0 Likes