Refund
Db0924

I was just told last week and today, by two different representatives that I could get a refund for my balance on my prepaid account since I had at one time used a debit card to pay on my account.  They both told me that I could get a refund with no problem as long as I still had access to the card, and if I didn't I would have to go to the bank to receive it. Both of these reps saw that the debit card was used over 365 days ago and both located the payments where it was used. The agent today was in the process of refunding and I asked him to wait a minute so I could call my bank to make sure such an old refund would still be able to past to my account. The bank agreed it was fine so I contacted the Verizon Chat support again for a 3rd time to finally get the refund done. And the 3rd rep now tells me it's impossible for them to even see the transaction. They refused to refund saying they just changed their policy last month and wouldn't be able to do it now.  He kept asking why I wanted a refund and then refused to give it. Sounds like a lot of dishonesty going on here. They told me to chargeback to my bank. I feel like I've been lied to and misled. 

0 Likes
Re: Refund
deloused
Master - Level 3

As with all carriers the prepaid customer agreement states there are NO refunds available. I hope this helps going forward!

0 Likes
Db092415

I was repeatedly told I could have a refund for the balance remaining in my account. Obviously no refunds after they have been used but when the total is just sitting there waiting to be used,  a refund can be given.  I had my dad do it just to see if it could be done with his account.  Same circumstances, different answer, he got his refund.  Verizon is just a dishonest company. I switched. And because of that, my dad switched as well. 

0 Likes
Kandhope
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was hacked and the guy who hacked my Verizon acct.  made an unauthorized payment so he could get an iPhone 11 pro.  Piece of garbage!  Now I'm fighting Verizon to refund the money back into my account.  It's been five days since they were suppose to put it back every time I call them I get told a different story.  Finally had to conference call them with my bank and spouted some dirt that didn't make sense.  Then acted like their dept didn't handle refunds so they transferred us to another department only to actually be  transferred to some automated system.  Now my bank is angry and in the process of disputing l!!! I lost money wasn't my fault and now your trying to be greedy too!  Shame on you Verizon!

0 Likes