Prepaid phone number to Postpaid
thomascgty

I have yet to get a verizon wireless subscription so better to ask first. I want to try the service first so thinking of getting Verizon prepaid phone before going into postpaid.

Will a prepaid number be converted to a postpaid number once I decide to go postpaid?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Prepaid phone number to Postpaid
hazegurlie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes you can take your number from prepaid to a postpaid number, but you are required to have your prepaid service active for at least 6 months first.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
hazegurlie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes you can take your number from prepaid to a postpaid number, but you are required to have your prepaid service active for at least 6 months first.

0 Likes
thomascgty

Thanks!

0 Likes
fechavr

I actually attempted to migrate/port my prepaid verizon basic phone number to a postpaid verizon family plan but was told, at the verizon store, that if I kept my prepaid number I would need to get a 3g phone because 4g phones would not work with my current number. The rep stated that he received an error message when attempting to port/migrate the number to the 4g phone so he called verizon but was unable to do anything about it. A new number was then issued in order to use a 4g phone, but it is a terrible inconvenience to have to change a number you have had for over 8+ years. I have had the prepaid verizon number for way more than 6 months so I know that is not the reason why this occurred. Was the store rep misinformed or is it possible that my number can only be ported/migrated to 3g, not 4g?

0 Likes