Prepaid Plan Information
Mj861

Hello,

I am a prepaid Verizon customer who is possibly interested in purchasing a prepaid smartphone. Only I had a question in regards to the airtime cards you purchase at retail stores such as Walmart to put money on the phones. Right now we are using a Slider QWERTY Keyboard phone (I cannot remember what line the phone is from - maybe an Intensity) and I purchase a $35.00 card that expires about 90 days from the date I redeem it on my phone. My question is, if I purchased a prepaid smartphone (for example, the LG Optimus Zone or the Samsung Galaxy Legend), and bought a Verizon Wireless $50 Refill Prepaid Airtime, how long, after redemption will that $50 expire?

Thank you for any information.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Prepaid Plan Information
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The payment expiration dates can be found on http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/faqs/CallingPlans/prepaid-smartphone.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Prepaid smartphones require a monthly plan of a set amount. You should verify the pricing of these plans to ensure you plan accordingly.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Mj861

I do understand that, however I was more concerned with when a $50.00 air time card (for example) would expire. My $35.00 air time card for an Intensity phone expires 90 days from redemption and I was wanting to know if a smartphone airtime card would expire in 90 days or 30.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A $50 card won't go very far as the prepaid smartphone plans require a minimum of a $60 or $70 monthly payment to keep it active.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The payment expiration dates can be found on http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/faqs/CallingPlans/prepaid-smartphone.html

0 Likes
Mj861

I just found this info on the Verizon prepaid FAQ's.

When do payments made to my $50 Unlimited Plan account expire?

Once applied to your account, payments expire as follows:

• $15 – $29.99 payments expire in 30 days
  • $30 – $74.99 payments expire in 90 days
  • $75 – $99.99 payments expire in 180 days
  • $100 or more payments expire in 365 days

Hoping its accurate and I was using the $50.00 as an example. Though I think Walmart has it and my family doesn't use very many minutes so my biggest concern was knowing when a $50.00 refill card would expire... according to the above information, it's 90 days...?

0 Likes
Mj861

Thanks so much for the link, Ann. Hopefully that is an answer to my question. Smiley Happy

0 Likes