Prepaid - Pay as you go clarification
mayorville

Hi Everyone,

My parents are looking to replace their current prepaid phone, but looking to replace with a plan similar to what they were using before (one that they only have to pay when they use the phone & no daily fee's just to have the phone)

I am looking at the "Pay as you go plans"

Daily PlansPer Minute
Access$1.9999¢
Mobile to Mobile Calling*
(with Verizon Wireless customers)
UNLIMITEDUNLIMITED25¢
Anytime Minutes*UNLIMITED10¢25¢
Text/Picture Messaging*2¢ / 25¢10¢ / 25¢20¢ / 25¢
Mobile Web99¢ / day99¢ / day99¢ / day

The two questions I have:

1) Would they have to decide if they want the $1.99, $0.99 or $0.00 access fee plan between the 3?

2)  I assume the access fee only gets charged when the phone is used & there is no charge (whatsoever) on the days the phone isn't touched

3)  If someone calls the phone, but nobody answers, does the access fee get charged?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Prepaid - Pay as you go clarification
valquiria
Contributor - Level 1

Hi,

1.- yes, they have to select one, but they can change it whenever they like.

2.- they'll be charge the $1.99 or 0.99 only if they make or take one call. After that the calls are unlimited. With the 1.99 it's for any carrier, for .99 only for Verizon, they'll charge $0.10 per  min to other carriers.

They can text (without call) and pay only $0.02 or $0.10 for each made or recieved.

3.- no, if they let it to the voicemail won't be charged. But if they call to retrieve them  they'll be charged with the fee.

Hope it'll helps

Happy New year

mayorville

That's helps.  The only question I have left is there a minimum amount you need to add to the account every month or every 3 months?

My parents want the phone only for emergencies, thus they would be lucky to make call once every 3 months

Thanks!!

0 Likes
valquiria
Contributor - Level 1

You can pay 5$ and you have 30 days to expend it. After 30 days you'll have to make other payment.