Money lost
K2AAE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seems last year I tired 'Unlimited Prepaid' and the month after switched to the $30 plan, had Verizon enabled Hotspot on the plan I would have stayed and Verizon would have gained $590.04 since then. I had forgotten about that mistake and did it again, Unlimited with no hotspot on the New Verizon Unlimited plan. I did measure the data used when I switched to the 8gb two years ago, less then a gigabyte in the month of browsing. Ask your bean counters to justify that.

0 Likes
Re: Money lost
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Justify what? You want hotspot on prepaid get a tiered data plan or a unlimted data jetpack plan. Otherwise get a postpaid unlimtied plan. or switch carriers

0 Likes
K2AAE
Enthusiast - Level 3

"or switch carriers"

Would love to but in the area I'm in there is only one wireless carrier, Verizon. Tracfone and others do not (did not don't know now) support Hotspot. Wired carrier installed fiber and now charges $80 for 6mb/s, watching paint dry.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

@K2AAE wrote:

"or switch carriers"

Would love to but in the area I'm in there is only one wireless carrier, Verizon. Tracfone and others do not (did not don't know now) support Hotspot. Wired carrier installed fiber and now charges $80 for 6mb/s, watching paint dry.

No offense but you lack of choice is not Verizon's problem. You're best option would be to get a prepaid unlimited hotspot for $65. Even when Verizon did have hotpsot on unlimtied prepaid it was a max of 600 kbps which is 1/10 the speed of the wired option you just complained about

0 Likes