Insufficient funds to receive text messages
Lettersnumbersdashes

My account recently “deactivated” in a way (there’s no money on my account) but I noticed this message being sent to me about text messages not being received. The message itself says, “You we’re unable to receive a text message due to a device restriction or insufficient funds.” Through my understanding of the phone, I thought messages could be received even if I only had WiFi. My question is if there is any way for me to retrieve these messages or are they not able to come to my phone? They aren’t deleted ones and it isn’t because I blocked anybody.

0 Likes
Re: Insufficient funds to receive text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lettersnumbersdashes, we know it's important to be able to send/receive texts to stay connected. Our goal is to ensure that you're able to use your service. We do want to clarify that in order to receive/send regular text messages from your mobile number, your account must be active. Let us know if this information helps.

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
Papasquat421

Can I retrieve these messages after I activate my account again?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Papasquat421, thank you so much for reaching out to us today. If the services are deactivated, any messages that were attempted to be sent to the device will not come through once the account is re-activated. KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
The_Phod

Is there any way to determine who sent the message so we can contact them and let them know we did not receive their text?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question The_Phod! Unfortunately, there would be no way to trace back who sent you a message while an account or line is inactive. One thing that we can recommend is to post on your social platforms that you had some issues and if anyone sent you a message to reach out to you again. 

IvoneA_VZW

0 Likes