If I upgrade from a feature phone to a smartphone, will my prepaid 1.99/day plan include data ?
jkvz8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I currently use a Samsung Gusto U360 phone with the $1.99 per day prepaid plan - if I upgrade to a prepaid Samsung J1 Verizon 'smart' phone, will my plan cover internet access and email capabilities ? Do I need to switch to a monthly plan, or is there a prepaid plan that offers these functions ? Any input is appreciated, jk

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: If I upgrade from a feature phone to a smartphone, will my prepaid 1.99/day plan include data ?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are required to change to a monthly prepaid plan in order to activate a smartphone on the Verizon Wireless network.

Your current "daily" plan won't work with the phone you want to purchase.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Re: If I upgrade from a feature phone to a smartphone, will my prepaid 1.99/day plan include data ?
mama23dogs
Legend

The $1.99 does NOT include data. 

jkvz8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanx for the prompt reply - is there an intermediate data plan between the 1.99 a day plan and a full monthly plan ?

My cell phone calling activity is very light (5-6 calls per month), but being able to read emails on the go and accessing the internet would be of interest.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You are required to change to a monthly prepaid plan in order to activate a smartphone on the Verizon Wireless network.

Your current "daily" plan won't work with the phone you want to purchase.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

jkvz8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the info - I'm learning by the minute

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

ATT allows you to put a smartphone on the $2 a day plan.  You can turn data off on the plan, or add data on a pay per use basis.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What a great idea, you will love having a smartphone jkvz8. What I would encourage you to do is contact our Prepaid department, they will be happy to help. The number to call is 888-294-6804. Thanks for being a valued customer.
RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes