I was sent the 8 GB instead of the 16 GB, I paid with PREPAID, and no one can admit a mistake, no department take to other dept on your behalf!
grandflowers
Enthusiast - Level 3

On June 26th  after 7:00 p.m. Central time I spoke to sales on the phone as the PREPAID website was having issues.  I was on an expired VERIZON contract and wanted my current telephone # which is not an option online.

I called customer service to order the iPhone 4 16GB for $99 as advertised, and was sent to Darby, in the Sales Dept.  Darby suggested that I not do it on a Thursday night after 7:00 as they would disconnect my current phone, and would not receive the shipment until Monday.  He said he would give me a courtesy call Monday (June 30) @ 11:00 to place my order.  He did not called as planned.

Therefore I called that night and was given Crystal (removed) (Sales) & informed her of my concerns & she placed the order for 16GB iPhone for $99 as advertised online.  I received the order confirmation immediately in an email.

On July 1st I received the shipping confirmation of an iPhone 8 GB.

I immediately called Verizon customer service and was given a few people, different departments and a woman named Cierra told me that we can hope that that is a typo because the only thing offered online is the 16 GB.

July 2nd the 8 GB was delivered to my place of employment.  And, . . .I drove directly to the nearest VERIZON store to have them help.

I was there for 3 hours.  Finally got the iPhone activated with my old ‘post paid’ account to ‘prepaid’ account which is a nightmare.  They are VERIZON and yet separate.  They did what they could @ the store for me.  I was told that I would have to order and pay again for the 16 GB, . . .then send back the 8 GB, not wanting to be w/o a phone.  Also that it would take 3 days probably to receive the credit back in my account.

No department @ VERIZON talks to each other, no department can seems to communicate.  We had to ask for someone’s supervisor in customer service because there was no solution, they could not do anything.  They said their supervisor was in a meeting. Eventually we spoke with a supervisor named Ray the only solution was to make another order, and stated they would not charge me shipping, . . .and I guess I was suppose to be grateful.

The store could not exchange this 8 GB for their 16 GB as the cost of the in-store 16 GB cost $50 more.

During all this I had stated this is too complicated, I’m leaving this phone here for them to ship back, . . .glad I did not though.

This evening I wasted more time & energy trying to find someone that can communicate to another person about my account, . . .to no avail, . . .finding no department that can take care of the shipping that got screwed up.

Now after some time as passed, cleaning house & such, . . .I have realized that if I do return the incorrect was that was sent, . . .I will most likely I would automatically be charged the restock fee of what, $35 as no one can communicate to another department on your behalf.

But they’ll sure take your money.  Not sure what to do @ this point, as they cannot be trusted.

We asked Ray to have his supervisor John to give me a call and none yet.  This evening someone in ‘Sales’ sent an email to Crystal to give me a call, . . .(holiday maybe, no call yet).

Any suggestions VERIZON?  Some depart, CORE, . . .they can't help with prepaid either, geez.

>>Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I was sent the 8 GB instead of the 16 GB, I paid with PREPAID, and no one can admit a mistake, no department take to other dept on your behalf!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi bdai1 - We do strive to offer you efficient and helpful support. I apologize for the experience that you have had. Prepaid account access is limited to the Prepaid department. It is best to reach out to them at 888-294-6804 or 877-777-5759 for Prepaid Activations department.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Re: I was sent the 8 GB instead of the 16 GB, I paid with PREPAID, and no one can admit a mistake, no department take to other dept on your behalf!
grandflowers
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you.  I have again reached out and Customer Care helped me to get someone in Tel A Sales, . . .I have sent the phone back USPS, . . .and was assured it would be noted on my account not to charge the re-stock fee.  I thank the young woman & her supervisor in Customer Care for their help.  I will keep update on any progress. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi! Is this 877-777-5759 a new number for Prepaid Customer Service? Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Scuba7. This is not a new number for Prepaid but we do have a number to set up service and for customer service prepaid. Are you attempting to start service or do you have a question about your prepaid account?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
grandflowers
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update:

The USPS tracking shows the phone was delivered to Centralized Returns Center in Fort Worth on July 10th.  I have spoken with Customer Service & am getting a $21 credit for not being able to use my phone.

Telesales, . . .say's they can only make a 'note' on my account 'Do Not Charge Re-stock Fee as the wrong phone was sent'.  Customer Service cannot see this 'note', . . .(shrug).

My mistake:

As soon as I received the incorrect phone, . . .I should have written on the original receipt, . . .

"I was sent the WRONG PHONE, Please Do not charge re-stock fee" and please credit my account". 

I have not been charged a re-stock fee yet, . . .not sure if that happens what I will do, . . .speak to Customer Service I presume.

I should NOT have gone to the store for help, . . .they are in sales.  But they did get the phone activated, . . .which I believe now I should not have done!

The RETURNS center is unreachable and 'Sales' can only sell, . . and following up on incorrect phones being sent is NOT THEIR issue?????

Too bad there is not a STORE THAT DEALS WITH PREPAID, . . . that can actually deal with 'Shipping' and 'Returns', . . .what a concept!

'Sales', nor 'Customer Service' can reach the 'Returns Center', . . .or figure out if it was the Sales Rep Crystal in California, that ordered wrong, or the Shipping Departments mistake.

I was just told by Terry (Sales Rep) and the manager, Patrick, . . .all I can do now is wait on my credit & it should be there by Monday July 14th.  #1, . . .How can they even know that w/o even speaking to the shipping dept or the returns center?  They can't, . . .they only suspect, right?

The main problem is that the original Sales Rep,Crystal in California . . .cannot be reached.  No one is responsible for sending out the wrong phone, . . . .telesales just want's to sell another phone.  At this point 'TRUST' is the issue.

I want to thank Customer Service for working with me.

Not sure what the future will hold with this issue, but only hope to receive my credit @ this point.  It is a way too complicated avenue of communicating.

0 Likes
grandflowers
Enthusiast - Level 3
1.  Re: im getting beyond aggravated how do i talk to a real person

tikibar1 Platinum

When you call Customer Service (*611 from your cell phone or 800-922-0204) and you get the phone tree, have you tried pressing 4 for Other and then saying Agent?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Prepaid customers have a different number for them. http://www.verizonwireless.com/vzw/landingpages/contact-us/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've read that to reach prepaid:

Customer Service - Prepaid
Dial *611 from your cell phone
(888) 294-6804

877-777-5759 Prepaid Activations Dept
24 hours a day, 7 days a week

- when prompted, enter prepaid phone number, then press 4 (for questions or to change something), then 5 (for store locations or billing questions), then 4 (for Customer Service rep), then enter pass code for account; if you don't know the pass code, enter four zeroes; the system should then transfer you to a Prepaid rep

I don't have Prepaid so am not sure if those steps actually work or not, but it's worth trying.

MotoG2013

What a joke! I keep calling the 1-888-294-6804 their's no customer service for prepaid Verizon customers.

0 Likes