I just recently bought an iPhone 5 from a friend and it won't let me switch it over to my prepaid account
Sierrakuehn

I just recently bought an iPhone 5 from a friend and it won't let me switch it over to my prepaid account over to my prepaid account online when i go to switch devices. It already has a sim card in it and when i go to reset it (multiple times i have) it still has their number on the phone even though it's not on their plan anymore and i've reset it so much. Do i need a completely new SIMs card? Or hope the website fixes itself soon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I just recently bought an iPhone 5 from a friend and it won't let me switch it over to my prepaid account
Not applicable

The SIM is where the customer's account info is so no you can't use someone else's SIM since it has their info. Even if you could use their SIM since you are going to pre-paid you need a pre-paid SIM.

View solution in original post

Re: I just recently bought an iPhone 5 from a friend and it won't let me switch it over to my prepaid account
Not applicable

The SIM is where the customer's account info is so no you can't use someone else's SIM since it has their info. Even if you could use their SIM since you are going to pre-paid you need a pre-paid SIM.

valquiria
Contributor - Level 1

The SIM is "married" to the phone number, you need a new one.