I bought a verizon phone with a prepaid SIM and want to use it in another country.
linsut

A couple of months ago, I went to the US for a short visit and bought a verizon phone and prepaid plan to stay connected for the duration of my visit (1 month). Now, I'm back in Germany and would like to keep using the phone, but I have multiple problems; I can't login to MyVerizon anymore and, of course, the phone still simlocked (which I understand completely). My most pressing question would be if the phone could still be unlocked, since I don't want to wait for a year and cannot purchase any refills for my SIM to reach the amount it would need to be unlocked. Even if I could, I can't activate it since the phone doesn't have access to any networks and I can't login. I will not be returning to the US for quite a while now, so I don't know how I could do anything about this.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I bought a verizon phone with a prepaid SIM and want to use it in another country.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please read the prepaid device section in this link. Device Unlocking Policy | About Verizon

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I bought a verizon phone with a prepaid SIM and want to use it in another country.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please read the prepaid device section in this link. Device Unlocking Policy | About Verizon

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes